Search results

1. T

What is causing my HF roll off?

I can't figure out why I'm having such extreme HF rolloff on my Wharfedale Lintons. The below is a plot from REW from my PEQ settings in Roon. I'm only EQing under 500Hz. I get the same result with EQ off. I also get the same rolloff with the mic at 1m from each speaker. Could it be my amplifier?
  2. T

Subwoofer size in small room

I’ve just built a small cinema room, measuring 5m x 3m. I’m now looking for dual subs. When I model the room in REW, it seems that I can get away with some very small subwoofers. I’m guessing this is because the room is so small. What I want to know is, am I missing anything by not going with...
  3. T

In wall speakers - Problem with recessed tv?

I’m going through my home cinema build and am thinking about mounting the tv. I really like the look of recessed tvs (like the attached image), but my worry is that this causes an issue with my in wall speakers (Revel W553L). Is it better to have a flat wall for the speakers (with the tv...
  4. T

Help Needed. Wide & Shallow vs Long & Narrow Room Setup

To cut a long story short, I've built a room in the garden that is kind of neither here nor there in terms of what it could have been. I was originally going to use it as a workshop, but now have decided to do the best I can and make it a home theatre. The dimension are 4.9m x 2.9m. I am just...
  5. T

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

I just had an email that KEF will be unveiling their 60th anniversary product… The LS60 Wireless… Looks like it’ll be a floorstanding LS50 Wireless. Great news!
  6. T

Help with measurements for Tannoy Legacy Arden speakers

Hi all. I'm hoping someone far better at interpreting measurements can help me out here. I'm currently deciding between 2 speakers, Tannoy Legacy Arden and JBL 4349. We have the review from amir for the 4349, which while showing some flaws in the measurements, seems to of impressed in...
Top Bottom