Search results

1. Theodore8

Furutech NCF Clear Line Review (AC Optimizer)

You are so right. Even Brendon Heinst, the extremely gifted sound engineer who has developed cutting-edge recording techniques, is victim to it. But then again, perhaps he gets paid for it.
  2. Theodore8

Furutech NCF Clear Line Review (AC Optimizer)

Thank you Amirm for exposing what is so obviously snake oil. I am equally stunned that there are people willing to spend $500 for the "Furutech NCF Booster" plastic bracket in order to elevate cables above the floor. I really don't get this. Even a sound engineer that I respect, Brendon...
  3. Theodore8

Naim Uniti Atom Review (Streamer & Amp)

My takeaway of the ASR review is not that you should be unhappy with your purchase. There are many reasons that can make you quite happy with it, such as the great looks, the "single box" format, or the user interface. The main message of ASR, in my mind, is that for this budget, you could...
  4. Theodore8

Lamenting the lack of good quality budget A/V Preamplifier/Processors

I have the same Genelecs and am looking for the same avr pre-amp set up (i.e., HDMI in, L/C/R pre-out to active speakers, and internal output to passive surround/heights). Would you mind sharing the brand/model that you settled on?
  5. Theodore8

Lamenting the lack of good quality budget A/V Preamplifier/Processors

Very convincing, thank you. Would you mind sharing which AVR brand/model do you recommend/use for the setup you describe (hybrid, HDMI input, dolby Atmos, L/C/R out to external amps, and internal outputs to surround & height)?
  6. Theodore8

STAX SR-5 (1975) Headphone Review

Thank you @Cuckoo Studio for this very informative review! Wonderful to see the state-of-the-Art of half a century ago being measured. If you have time, I would have two questions : 1. Where did you find replacement earpads? 2. Which modern day electrostats would you consider as roughly in...
  7. Theodore8

NEOHIPO ET30 VU Meter Speaker Switcher Review

Definitely a way more fulfilling experience for me with VU-meters. By the way, I spent much more on "dancing needles" when I got my TEAC AP-501. And my very very first amplifier was a Philips RH 520 "Fish Eye"... absolutely gorgeous looks do my eyes... and wonderful memories of discovering...
  8. Theodore8

Allo Boss2 Review (Stereo Streamer)

Is the micro SD card properly inserted?
  9. Theodore8

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

That's extremely helpful. I did not know about the EDPR measure. Thank you.
  10. Theodore8

Teac's Hypex Amps

Noted.
  11. Theodore8

Teac's Hypex Amps

THANK YOU to the ASR community! Fantastic. In 30 min, I got the experience feedback and advice that I was looking for. You guys are great.
  12. Theodore8

Teac's Hypex Amps

Thank you! This is exactly the kind of experience feedback I was looking for. If AP-505 can drive LS-50 smoothly, DBR62 should be no issue as well.
  13. Theodore8

Teac's Hypex Amps

OK, that’s helpful because B&W 804 shares similar characteristic of low impendance/high phase angle (around 100Hz) so therefore “difficult to drive”. I realize this might be a sensitive topic (ex-wife and all that… have been through that myself), but do you know if the combo delivers without...
  14. Theodore8

Any experience or thoughts on Teac AP 505 (Hypex)

@Ron Texas wrote elsewhere that he believes it is NC122MP based. And AP-505 has toroidal power supply, which influences power delivery behavior. That is why I am looking for any actual feedback from marrying AP-505 with “hard to drive“ speakers, and specifically the ELAC Reference DBR62.
  15. Theodore8

Teac's Hypex Amps

Thank you and great to hear. Could you share what speakers the AP-505 is driving?
  16. Theodore8

Teac's Hypex Amps

Indeed. AP-701 is a different model, much larger footprint. What speakers is your AP-505 driving? Any issues to report? I am looking for feedback from AP-505 owners who used them with “difficult to drive” speakers like the Reference DBR62. At low/modest volume.
  17. Theodore8

Noted. If you know of anyone that tried the combo, I would be grateful for sharing their experience.
  18. Theodore8

I have the same question, specifically to drive a pair of ELAC Reference DBR 62s. Would be grateful if anyone in the ASR community who has tried this combination could report her/his experience !
  19. Theodore8

Teac's Hypex Amps

I’m sure they do, but that was not my question. I’m looking for experience report from anyone who used an AP-505 to drive a pair of Reference DBR 62s.
  20. Theodore8

Teac's Hypex Amps

Anyone has experience using an AP-505 to drive a pair ELAC Reference DBR62 at low/medium volumes (background music only in dining room) ? Would be grateful to the ASR community, if anyone has tried this particular combo. Thank you!
Top Bottom