Search results

1. W

Static noise on a headphone amp (on one channel) - Burson Soloist 3XP

Hi, not asking for a remote diagnosis here, but my headphone amp started to create some elevated noise on one channel. It`s a bit like a de-tuned fm radio but with some pops. It comes and goes and the source seems to be internal since removing all inputs does not change anything. Also, I...
  2. W

How to get rid of a comb filter effect?

Hello there, my desk is introducing a strong comb filter effect. The speakers are already angled up by ~7°and I also tried to put them onto a staple of books (15cm or so) ... Does not change much... I get a broad dip around 900Hz, then again @2.5Khz and from 4K upwards there is the typical...
  3. W

I`m lost. Totally awfull measurements in my room. Need advice.

Hi there, I bought a UMIK-1 and tried to measure my Speakers in REW and I`m getting a very uneven frequency response. I used the EQ function and it threw a dozen of filters that are all of very high Q value and massive volume change. Can you maybe have a look if this all makes sense? Not sure...
  4. W

Quick one - Estimate headphone listening levels

Hi, since people talk alot about their personal listening levels with headphones I wanted to get an idea how loud I would usually listen. Just wanted to verify with you if did the measurement OK with the stuff I have. So... Is a UMIK-1 measurement mic + REWs SPL Meter + a piece of cardboard...
  5. W

Reactions of people to nice headphones (unscientific)

Yesterday my sister visited us because our son turned four and I just wanted to demonstrate my new headphones to her; Hifiman Aryas. She loves music and often visited live concerts before Covid made this impossible but she never heared any higher end headphones or owns any good audio equipment...
  6. W

My first Raspberry Pi streamer - Please have a look at the parts list :-) Thank you!

Hello there, I would like to build a Raspberry Pi based Roon endpoint for my old active speakers. These do only have RCA inputs and I have to control the volume seperately for the left and right speaker with an anlogue dial, so not very convenient. When I used the speakers in my home office in...
Top Bottom