Search results

1. W

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Impressive! Do you have a favorite and why?
  2. W

Thanks for the advice, Slothrock. I did not know, that there is an alternative headband available at all. My VC came with the thinner one. I`ll contact my dealer in Germany if he has these in stock. BTW: I have another earphone just joined my collection: A set of Sennheiser IE 600. Substantial...
  3. W

@SlothRock: Mine are made of Sapele and weight 520g without the cable. They came with the Al-hardware. The Mg versions are lighter.
  4. W

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

Wow...Impressive product. Congratultions , Topping! @JohnYang1997 Are you the designer of this?
  5. W

Keith, that seems to be a very good choice for your only headphone :) The Clear sounds fantastic.
  6. W

I tried to build a little collection that covers different types of headphones over the last one or two years... As of today: ZMF Verité Closed (closed over-ear dynamic) Hifiman Arya (open over-ear planar) Focal Clear (open over-ear dynamic) Sennheiser HD660S (open over-ear dynamic) 64 Audio...
  7. W

Burson Soloist 3XP Review (Headphone Amp)

Cannot confirm that btw, Amir... I can set low and medium also in bypass mode here. As a benefit, the DC offset went down to -3mV and -26mV in this mode :-o So, no "plop" when connecting the headphones at all on the right earcup and just a little bit on the left channel. RMEs outputlevel @...
  8. W

Just to confirm if I understood you correctly: I have a XLR -> 2x 3,5mm jack headphone cable and the correct way to setup the measurement is to connect the black measurement cable of my multimeter to pin1 of a random 3-pin XLR Out on the back and to attach the other cable to the tips (L+/R+)...
  9. W

Thanks again for your help, solderdude. I`ll try to look at this a bit less headlessly tonight when I have time again. :-)
  10. W

No, it does not seem to be volume dependant at all. I opened the case and (headlessly!) tried to figure out how the 4 blue pots work and finally managed to reduce the DC offset a bit. Now it reads -98mV left and -63mV right on the headphone out. Pre-Out readings remained identical, like the...
  11. W

Here you go... DC between Pins Left channel Right channel 2-3 -137mV -97mV 2-1 -71mV -51mV 3-1 66mV 46mV And a big correction! When measuring the headphone cable, the amp was still in pre-out mode. After changing that it reads -128mV (left channel) and -81mVa (right channel) :-(...
  12. W

Hey there, I measured between pins 2 and 3 as labeld in right representation ("Männlich") below. I`ve just switched it on again and will repeat the measurements between the other pins as you asked for in about 15minutes or so, when it stabilized. Thanks already!
  13. W

Guys, I could really need some advice (electrics noob). The DC-Offset topic concerned me and I just grabbed a multimeter and measured the volatage between pin 2 and 3 of the male xlr-preouts on the back. Since I powered it on about 15 minutes ago the values constantly creep up and seem to...
  14. W

I switched on the bypass mode the first time today because of Amirs test results. Before that it displayed the volume. Where the pixels were lit before I can now see a slight hint of fade in the logo. Similar to the miniDSPs display, but much less pronounced so far... Here you can see it a...
  15. W

There is truth to this... The Bursons display is not that bad so far. But the burn-in effect is visible here too (hard to see in the picture). On the MiniDSP Studios OLED below the burn-in effect is dramatic already. Both untis are being used for less than 12months :-o
  16. W

@faheem Wow, congratulations to the Susvaras... How do you drive them when you do the dishes for expample? I read these are quite power hungy... Do you have a mobile amp for these situations that works well?
  17. W

Thank you, solderdude. So, when we ignore the amp for a moment, would it be fair to say that on the source side (ADI2) there should not be a relevant degregation of the signal quality when reducing the analogue levels largely (i.e. -50 or even -60db with more sensitive headphones)? Isn`t there a...
  18. W

Just tried the bypass mode. For comfortable listening levels I have to reduce the volume on the ADI2 DAC to about -40dBr (having the DAC set to -5dBu output levels @ 0dBFS, so I guess that means -45dB) This is with Aryas and balanced out comparable levels. HD660S comfy levels are closer to...
  19. W

@tomtoo A full rotation of the wrist equals ~10 steps of the volume. So lots of turning needed... Thats why I use the ADI2 DAC for volume control mostly. Luckily you can mute the thing by pressing the volume knob down...
  20. W

The one to the left side represents input, output is on the right side. I guess that the one with the vertical arrows should represent the variable preamp output level mode and the the one without additional arrows stands for fixed output levels... (You can put the amp in a mode where it...
Top Bottom