Search results

1. S

Topping L50 Review (Headphone Amp)

blue would traditionally be left channel and red would be right channel but it doesn't matter as long as you match them at both ends. n have them connected to the out on the E50 and in on the L50 rather than the passthrough. but they're the same cables no difference :D
  2. S

Douk Audio U5 Balanced XLR headphone amp

I thought about that, taking a ground and then pulling L and R signal from the op amps but not sure if the grounding would become a problem or the voltage levels of the signals. otherwise may need a transformer based solution. Something to experiment with maybe if you have them the op amp data...
  3. S

As cool as that would be I'm not sure how practical it would be or if you could fit what's needed in the limited space. Not sure if there's any mini modules designed for that purpose out there somewhere.
  4. S

I Need a new Headphone Amp, help me decide please

reloacted my A30pro to the top of my PC which has top exhaust fans so now the A30pro stays nice and cool just adding that little bit of airflow helps a lot.
  5. S

Built in ESS DAC and single ended output front and back too but no analogue input. It does though apparently have... A special big knob:
  6. S

They were changed for the sake of putting better quality components in first and foremost rather than for any meaningful difference in audio quality, the "more punchy" sounds likely just my brain or the volume level which isn't easy to keep the same as it's also the on/off switch. The capacitors...
  7. S

This fell into the "Cheap enough, worth a pop" category so decided to get one to play around with. It arrived this morning, no power supply just a USB A to Barrel jack cable and the unit itself, thing is tiny. Got it hooked up to a Topping E50 via XLR and powered at the min with a cheap generic...
  8. S

The E50 is pretty good DAC wise, not tried the D10 balanced but that should do the job, I've moved on to the A30 pro for my sennheisers after the L50 was a bit of a let down and so far I'm liking it. Doesn't seem to have any issue with any of the gain settings, and the XLR/RCA in and pass...
  9. S

Hopefully they respond with something useful. Have hooked mine back up to do a bit more testing, might look into some cooling mods, had a nosy inside, maybe some heatsinking or a vent / fan mod would help. I'm guessing they mean current when they say it "detects the direct flow" may be a way...
  10. S

Topping L50 - too hot during normal operation?

My L50 gets very hot, (A30 arrived this morning and it also gets hot but is vented and has an internal power supply) The ST MCU chip inside the L50 is rated for 85c, so heat buildup probably isn't good for them.
  11. S

Much disagree, very neg, absolute detail, thanks :D, edited and fixed.
  12. S

What preamp are you using with that setup? Balanced cable main benefit would be the connector, while i was using my HD565's with the L50 I did use a balanced cable and XLR connector,also the 4.4, it was however just as good with the 6.3mm. You could step up the headphone game but that's more...
  13. S

Aiyima A07 class D venture

Just got some parts in and changed the volume pot with an ALPS 50k Logarithmic, if you do anything to the A07, I totally recommend doing that, gives a much nicer gradient to the volume control from the old generic "B50K" linear pot, If you do this you may need to drill out the front panel hole...
  14. S

Aiyima A07 class D venture

With my A07 i was using a 24v 4amp supply since changed to a 48v 12.5amp being fed by 240v mains (live neutral earth all connected), The A07 does get a lot warmer with the bigger power supply. Inside it I've upgraded the op-amps to Burson v5i-Ds (same as I used in my DAC-X6) I've also replaced...
  15. S

SMSL HO100 Review (Headphone Amp)

Now have the HS01 on order, the AOC USB cable will likely see some other use, it won't go to waste, anyway, back to USB now with the TRS to XLR cables, Once that arrives the RCA jacks should be a bit more useful.
  16. S

All of the cables have now arrived, late reply as I had a bit of a trip and fall so had some pain to deal with and work and sleep etc. AOC USB cable did drop the noise a little but not much, possibly a slight change in the noise signature, the Power and Ground on this one are not galvanically...
  17. S

Yeah the Power ground doesn't seem to have any impact on it, it's coming from the computer's USB connector through the DAC and along the RCA cables into the HO100 and out of the headphone jacks, now... One of my XLR cables i ordered arrived (other one apparently delayed til Saturday) So can only...
  18. S

Hopefully they'll help, If it connect the HO100 to the L50 via the L50's RCA pas-through it introduces the noise to the L50, May experiment with the grounding, Optical may be the only way to get rid of it completely though. I have been looking at optical USB cables but they're pricey and minimum...
  19. S

That's pretty much exactly what's been happening with mine, very annoying, manual says blinking LED means "unexpected output" guessing some kind of protection is being triggered, but why and by what I don't know.
  20. S

Gave it another while to see how much more it happened but sadly still occasionally getting the blinking LED mid sesson, so she's being retired, hopefully will find something else as otherwise while it is working it's great. ordered a HO100 to replace it, but that seems to have noise come...
Top Bottom