Search results

1. H

DIY speakers

I really wanted to try the new MD60N-6 dome mid from SB Acoustics. I was looking at it for a while and I hoped it will have a discount at some point but no such luck. I then decided to buy it and build a pair of tower speakers. For the low end I chose the MW19P-8 woofer as it had great reviews...
  2. H

E1DA Cosmos tests

Hey all and a Happy New Year! I've been playing around with the E1DA Cosmos and I want o share some results. I think that the Cosmos is a great tool and together with REW and a good DAC, it makes a great amplifier/DAC/preamp measuring tool-chain. I measured my D50s and my SMSL SU9-n DACs and...
  3. H

Stand mount speaker

This is a pair of speakers I've built a while ago (6-7 years ago) and I thought it would be nice to share the measurements. The layout of the speakers is inspired by Troels stepped baffle projects but the crossover design is my own. For the low frequencies I used an SB17MFCC35-4 driver and for...
  4. H

Another build of the KT88 amplifier

After building my first tube amp (https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/building-a-valve-amplifier.29903/ ; https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hpa-glow-one-diy-kt88-amplifier.39332/#post-1468245 ) a friend of mine listened to it and said he wanted it...
  5. H

Balanced to unbalanced converter

Hello everybody, I'm now working on another power amplifier and I want it to have balanced inputs along with unbalanced ones. I did several balanced input preamps and amps with the "classic" one op-amp and three op-amps designs but I was looking for a higher performance solution (if there is...
  6. H

SMSL SU9-n issue

About one year ago I bought the SU9-n based on Amir's review. I wanted a good quality DAC that had impeccable measurements and the SU9-n ticked all the boxes. The lack of MQA is not an issue. I I do have a TIDAL subscription but I'm ok with CD quality only. After enjoying the DAC for about one...
  7. H

HPA - Glow One (diy KT88 amplifier)

After building several solid state amplifiers, I stared reading about vacuum tube amplifiers. I already knew that the technology is really outdated and no matter how much we try with tubes, transistors will always measure and sound better. I'm an electronics engineer so I do not really buy into...
  8. H

Building a valve amplifier

One of my next projects is a valve amplifier. I built many solid state amplifiers and I'm very happy with these. I always considered valve amplifiers as being vastly inferior to solid state one but nevertheless I would like to build one to measure it and to listen to it. From all the available...
  9. H

Power Amplifier

I just built a power amplifier module based on the Trimodal Power Amplifier by Douglas Self. This is part of building a complete integrated amplifier. I'm now working on the preamplifier, power supply, PHONO preamp, input switching, speaker protection and maybe remote control unit. For those not...
Top Bottom