Search results

1. Ajax

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

Hi Bob, ..... I hear you but if you really want to buy expensive under performing Hi Fi there is no better place to bend over than Aus.
  2. Ajax

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

This unit reminds me of the expression "Horses for Courses". I no longer listen to free to air Radio (or TV) so the tuner section is not of interest. The front end of my ideal "budget" system would be the recently reviewed WiiM AMP, a $100 more gets you a streamer (wifi & ethernet), optical &...
  3. Ajax

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

In other words it's "not all about me". This is a budget priced piece of kit that exhibits very good performance and will therefore be ideal for those that can't afford SOTA, no matter how much in price that has reduced. With a pair of decent mains and a sub the total system cost will be close...
  4. Ajax

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

Couldn't agree more. This ticks a lot of boxes for music lovers on a low budget. Big plus here is the App, stability of the streamer, and the high pass on the mains and low pass on the sub out, which we asked Fosi to implement in the previous thread. Perfect for a second system or for those...
  5. Ajax

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

That is how my current system is set up. I have a Benchmark DAC2 with XLR out to a Buckeye Hypex 252 amp and then onto the mains. The RCA out goes to a 12" sub with the cross over set at 65Hz. This works really well and sounds great, however, the mains are playing at full range, as is the...
  6. Ajax

I doubt anyone buying such an inexpensive amp would use it for critical listening ... my point is that if you are going to add features then ensure that they can perform their intended role. With a properly configured sub-out this could be an excellent amp for a second system using inexpensive...
  7. Ajax

Yes, you can add another box, but I'm not sure if I follow your logic? Fosi stated that they chose to improve their product by adding several features: "Based on the V3, we improved the heat dissipation design, added balanced input, and introduced the ability to switch between stereo and mono...
  8. Ajax

Sounds like you are intent on producing great performing / inexpensive amps. If so can I suggest that your sub out include a low pass filter (either fixed at 70Hz say or variable) that is integrated with a complementary high pass filter on the mains. IMO this would be of major benefit to a lot...
  9. Ajax

Look forward to hearing your verdict on the ZA3's performance
  10. Ajax

According to the review below the sub out does not place a high pass filter on the mains, which is unfortunate as it would have allowed you to run the mains above a certain crossover, and the sub below, and therefore take pressure off this little amp, and make it a great buy for a second system...
  11. Ajax

FAQ Questions on Audio/ASR

1. Has the technology for the "front" end" of the audio chain reached a stage where it cannot be "audibly" improved? i.e. Streamer + DAC + Power amp e.g. Wiim...
  12. Ajax

Polk ES60 Tower Speaker Review

@amirm Many thanks for the review, after reviewing some ordinary gear it's nice to see you back in "recommending" mode. As we normally listen to speakers in pairs, can I request that in future you please stipulate whether the price is for one only or a pair. Thanks in advance.
  13. Ajax

SMSL VMV P2 Headphone Amp Review

Nah, we have several products getting over 85% consensus for "great". IMO we must take price into consideration as that is my, and I believe many other members, aim of joining ASR - to find exceptional equipment that is affordable. e.g. Apollon NCX500ST & Buckeye Purifi...
  14. Ajax

SMSL VMV P2 Headphone Amp Review

I voted "not terrible" as I don't see the point of spending $1k for a headphone amp. I would much prefer it be incorporated in a "pre amp" such as a Benchmark DAC 2 HGC, which is available second hand for the same price.
  15. Ajax

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Great thread, ASR has got much of the world covered, many thanks to everyone for the photos, Ajax
  16. Ajax

Hi Graham, classic Australian cricket oval, great choice
  17. Ajax

View from my front veranda, 15 minutes inland from Byron Bay (most eastern point of Australia and 8 hours north of Sydney). Retired here in July 2019. I can finally play my music as loud as I like. Love it!
  18. Ajax

TOPPING D90 III Sabre DAC Review

I tend to agree with most of the comments here and just voted "fine". I already have several high performance DACs on different systems, Benchmark DAC2, SMSL SU8 & Topping 50s, all of which sound very good to my old ears so without additional features I don't see the point and would be chasing...
  19. Ajax

My next purchase will be a minidsp flex 8 ($600), which incorporates DSP. The flex 8 is a similar price to the Topping DM7 but with all the features the contributors to this thread having been asking for. https://www.minidsp.com/products/minidsp-in-a-box/minidsp-flex-eight I'll be using it to...
  20. Ajax

Amazon states there is one in stock https://www.amazon.com/Topping-DM7-CH-USB-DAC/dp/B0B6BLF91P?th=1 Also another positive review by Kal Rubinson in stereophile. https://www.stereophile.com/content/topping-dm7-8-channel-da-processor It really does seem to tick all the boxes for a moderate...
Top Bottom