Search results

1. MarkS

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

Only the smart ones (and the only forum they look at is ASR) :)
  2. MarkS

Extreme Snake Oil

And says that he's a high-school dropout. I wouldn't want to claim that education is everything, but can we trust him to get the quantum mechanics right in his pink fuses?
  3. MarkS

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

Does that mean you avoided the bad experience of owning Zu speakers? (Sorry, couldn't resist ...)
  4. MarkS

NAD M10 Streaming Amplifier Review

Can the M10 do sub crossover with high pass on the mains?
  5. MarkS

Andrew Jones MoFi Speakers

I appreciate that these are among the very few speakers available today with (what appear to be) non-diffracting grilles.
  6. MarkS

Have Slim Floorstanding Speakers "Had Their Day?"

Personally I wouldn't call anything over 8" slim ... but I suppose slimness is in the eye of the beholder!
  7. MarkS

And with most 2.x-channel electronics. Very few preamps come with high-pass filtering capability, which IMO is essential.
  8. MarkS

I see nothing in these measurements to indicate what the source of their magic was. I'm still puzzled by it after all these years.
  9. MarkS

You could have added a subwoofer ...
  10. MarkS

Ah, Matt, if only you were open to some EQ. That kind of thing is so easily fixed these days ...
  11. MarkS

I heard the Virgos at a big Stereophile show in LA in the early 90s. I was just going from room to room, and these really grabbed my attention: playing some classical music (a chamber piece I think, one I didn't know), it just sounded very lifelike. (I listen to a lot of live classical music.) I...
  12. MarkS

Arrgh! Did you sell them? Are they gone? I would love to see these measured!
  13. MarkS

Subwoofer feels underwhelming

The graphs look like you are doing nothing wrong. So if you are happy with the sound without the sub, I would advise returning it and saving the money. My main speakers (small towers) also roll off sharply below 40 Hz, and so I too added the SVS 3000 Micro. I mostly listen to classical, and on...
  14. MarkS

Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary speaker review & measurements by Erin's Audio Corner

True, but there are plenty of great speakers without the double binding posts, especially from small companies like Ascend and Philharmonic, that don't cater to the wooster market.
  15. MarkS

Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary speaker review & measurements by Erin's Audio Corner

I won't buy a speaker with those, on the general principle that I won't pay for audio woo. KEF and Revel should certainly know better.
  16. MarkS

Extreme Snake Oil

Kind of like this:
  17. MarkS

Extreme Snake Oil

You're not old! You can still buy those today! http://www.shunmook.com/text1.htm https://www.shakti-innovations.com/product/shakti-stone/ Good snake oil never goes out of style!
  18. MarkS

Cover me I'm going in! - Post your favorite song covers.

Cover band extraordinaire First to Eleven (17 albums of nothing but covers!): American Woman, by The Guess Who
Top Bottom