Search results

1. S

How Dangerous is AI?

in a skynet AI take over the world sense they are not very dangerous. they are either specialized programs like playing chess or go or in the case of chatgpt it just evaluates whats the most likely correct response to a prompt. the worry for me is what people can do with AI. like for example...
  2. S

Aurorus Audio Borealis Headphone Review

Don't argue with me about it. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/mark-levinson-no-5909-headphone-review.35292/ "It pains me to not recommend a headphone that hits the magical tonality curve but here we are. I want the headphone experience to do things that even good...
  3. S

well since most of the songs that "doesn't scale" as well were compressed pop songs I suspect its the opposite. especially a lot of my jpop sadly
  4. S

its not which is why i prefaced my earlier comment with if you dont care about techs then you can ignore the techs rating. also since getting "higher end" headphones i definitely enjoy some recordings less than others
  5. S

either it's separate from the frequency response or we don't understand FR well enough to determine technicalities from it, or our measurement rigs are not accurate enough. Either way, the result is the same. we cannot judge technicalities from the FR alone.
  6. S

technical performance is separate to a degree from the tonal performance. if you only care for tonality you can disregard them
  7. S

Best Audiophile Bluetooth headphones [2022-11-09]

I submit this for contention. Focal utopia with fiio utws5
  8. S

An audio engineer explains why Dolby Atmos Music is “definitely going to supersede stereo”

yep ive listened to the amazon hd atmos with headphones and iems im not sure what the differences between implementations are but I think it might sound worse to me than even mp3 lol
  9. S

An audio engineer explains why Dolby Atmos Music is “definitely going to supersede stereo”

i mean thats the exact reason why it wouldnt supersede 2 channel imo the barrier to entry is just too high. you are saying i need to buy 3 more genelec 8030cs to make proper use of it? Or if i buy 5 cheap speakers would i get more enjoyment out of them with music than 2 genelecs? and most of the...
  10. S

ive listened to atmos in amazon hd and it seems to lose detail and generally sounds weird maybe if i had a multichannel speaker system or something it would sound better
  11. S

How we could finally pin down flowery audiophile subjective descriptions

i guess Dr Sean Olive was being a heretical subjectivist when he said that bass is the most variable part of the harman curve. 25% of people prefer less bass and 25% of people prefer more bass. also lets not forget this review by amir...
  12. S

Curious why not more reviews of Top Tier Gear (perceived anyway)

I was considering sending amir my susvara when I bought it but after a scare with UPS delivering to the wrong address idk if I want to risk it being out of my possession ever again lol.
  13. S

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

actually they are pretty much in the middle of my room lol with clear space all around
  14. S

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

this is what i get when i measured my 8030c with umik1. is my room just really bad or something?
  15. S

Hifiman HE-400 are great, what to buy next?

try to find someplace to demo some headphones like an audio store or canjam.
  16. S

Hifiman HE-400 are great, what to buy next?

sundara, edition x, he6 what do you look for in headphones
  17. S

What Headphones do not need (or scream for) EQ?

off of the top of my head. ksc75, akg k371, hd6x0, hd560, he400se, sundara, elex, edition x, clear, utopia, susvara, he1
  18. S

Focal Utopia Review (Headphone)

i sold my clears (og) to a friend months ago so I probably don't have the best recollection of how they sound. But i have an utopia (2020) now and from my vague memory I don't think they sound exactly the same but ofc at this price point the returns drop off a cliff. I think the utopia is...
  19. S

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

yeah ive been planning to get a ciem for comfort
  20. S

Good HiFi from China and Taiwan?

topping certainly isnt look down upon here. and in terms of sound quality moondrop isnt really looked down upon in the iem communities ive been in though people have made fun of their paint
Top Bottom