Search results

1. F

Mark Levinson No 5909 Headphone Review

Well the question should really have been: Dear M&D, did you manufacture the drivers for ML5909. To my eyes they are 99,9% identical.
  2. F

Hifiman HE400SE Review (Headphone)

I wonder what all the excitement is about, FR is uneven from 150Hz to 1kHz, there is a nasty spike at ~9kHZ, and a big dip at ~2kHz. @amirm corrected the dip with a heavy boost (+4,5dB), which seems like a bad idea distortionwise, because distortion is drastically high at around 1750Hz...
  3. F

SMSL A100 Review (Stereo Amplifier)

Isn't this is a contradiction to what Benchmark describe on their website: "Most class-D (switching amplifiers) also use push-pull output devices. The push-pull devices in these switching amplifiers make abrupt transitions between full-on and full-off states. These switching transients occur at...
  4. F

SMSL A100 Review (Stereo Amplifier)

someone send @amirm a suitable cable? ;) i see they are on offer for as little as 1.99 € over here, let's start a fundraiser!
  5. F

HELP! Which of these headphone options does the group recommend?

take the 560s ..the longer i have it, the more i value its strengths
  6. F

Recoton RCA Cable Review (Ultra Cheap Cable)

IMHO the only difference between cables is the quality of the connectors and the ruggedness of the overall design, so all the cables sound the same except when they are broken...
  7. F

Marantz SACD 30n Measurements (SACD Player, DAC & Streamer)

Superb testing! Thx! Double thx for running the headphone output test! NIce unit with a bit of a high price, but we always have to keep in mind that average income in Japan is 4x the income in China, so prices in the end have to reflect MADE IN JAPAN-circumstances
  8. F

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

You tested the LS50 Meta which goes as low as 3.7 Ohms. If you figure in the phase angle, the actual load (EPDR, equivalent power dissipation resistance)the amplifier is facing is around 1.75 Ohms.
  9. F

NAD D3045 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

as the speakers are calling the shots soundwise and as far as amp power is concerned, it is wiser to spend your money where the sound is and not waste it on useless watts
  10. F

FiiO FD5 Review (IEM)

Of course there will be much variation, but starting out from the measurements we have is the best possible way for any objective analysis. Subjectively they might be perfect for me, who knows, but the given measurement data does not make me inclined to try them out....
  11. F

Unfortunately there are (still) too many speakers with very demanding impedance drops around
  12. F

very fine review ! i love to see all possible options tested as done here! h
  13. F

Audio-GD NFB-11.38 Performance Edition Measurements (DAC, Preamp & Headamp)

Great Review! Thanks for taking the time for such extensive measurements!
  14. F

FiiO FD5 Review (IEM)

Not having to eq gives me a wider choice of sources and apart from that: at work i am using a laptop without PEQ possiblity(i am not allowed to install software) and i do not want to use my phone (battery) or my ipod, because my desk is already cluttered with files and food ;)
  15. F

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

Vinyl vs. Digital: what do i get ? if we measure those two music reproduction methods the answer seems easy: SINAD of maybe about 60 or 70dB at best vs. 120dB or more. Battle over? No..wait a minute: In my personal listening spot i listen to music with peaks of about 80-85dB SPL (this is really...
  16. F

do you play music at >100 dB or at 120 dB?

This is still misleading or misrepresenting the topic: the human hearing threshold is defined as follows(from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_threshold_of_hearing#:~:text=The%20threshold%20of%20hearing%20is,can%20detect%20at%201%2C000%20Hz.): "The threshold of hearing is generally...
  17. F

What Headphones do not need (or scream for) EQ?

Headphones closer to the target curve(be it @amirm or harman) will appeal to a majority of listeners (~2/3). Since the rest is a non negligible quantity of 1/3, it all comes down to personal taste, whether YOU need eq or not. If you are part of the majority, congratulation! The lists of amir or...
  18. F

FiiO FD5 Review (IEM)

Distortionwise it looks extraordinary, but the frequency response gives me headaches..way way too much (5dB!) energy in upper bass/lower mids and those peaks at 6khz and 8 khz (compare https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/crinacle/harman_in-ear_2019v2/FiiO%20FD5) where...
  19. F

Vanatoo Transparent One Encore (Powered Speaker)

Used as a desktop monitor the room influence is minimized and the whole frequency response is dominated by on-axis behavior, good directivity is for the most part wasted in desktop use, except maybe for some monster desks ;)
  20. F

Topping DX5 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Nice review! But from what i read, @amirm and the L7 website have been testing preproduction sample units provided by Topping. Specs are always changing from preproduction to production. So it would be better to wait a few months after release of a new product before measuring it.
Top Bottom