Search results

1. B

Timbre Tuning the Sundara

Your comments are not relevant to the topic of this discussion Stay on topic, or.........Good Riddance
  2. B

Really? So what do you know about the Sundara Sound? Is it perfect, a total Fail, or could it be improved upon? Tell us what you REALLY think
  3. B

Let's see now, what do I think that common phenomenon is physically? You're inability to distinguish good sound from Bad?
  4. B

Sound in a Cave? Sound in a Tube? Sound in an Anechoic Chamber? Please specify the conditions of "sound" What do "YOU" believe sound is? 90% distortion? 80% distortion? 0.0002% distortion?
  5. B

Why? Do you prefer distorted/colored sound and a collapsed soundstage? That's your choice!
  6. B

You are Completely Incorrect A Parametric EQ will not remove the hollow sound from a Sundara, nor will it improve the staging that can be gained from proper tuning The hollow sound I am referring to can easily be heard if it is exaggerated to the point where no-one will miss it Place a...
  7. B

WOW....... No response -------------- Maybe everyone thinks the Sundara sounds fantastic just the way it is? Ummm........No! A stock Sundara gives a hollow sounding coloration to your music The hollow coloration can be largely eliminated with proper tuning TRY IT!
  8. B

Seems like quite a few of you own the Sundara Have any of you tried custom tuning them? I immediately noticed how different (Bad) they sound when you cup your hands entirely over the entire outer grill The sound also changes as you slowly increase the distance of your hands from the grill...
  9. B

Shanling UA2 Aborted Review (DAC & Amp)

Installing drivers should set it up correctly If not, then HOOP!
  10. B

Hoops > 1. Buying a driverless DAC, only to find that it requires an OS that has the drivers Case in point: Only my Fiio BTR-3K is truly driverless and even works in Windows XP as a USB DAC without any drivers...
  11. B

This dongle may be perfectly acceptable to some of you and you are free to give it a pass For me, I'm done with all the hoops manufacturers put in the way for me to jump through, and for me, it's a FAIL regardless of how well it measures
  12. B

It "should" auto reset when connected to any device that does not have the app installed, and use the app setting on any device that it is installed on But it doesn't FAIL
  13. B

Yes, but even if it were the best measuring dongle you have ever seen, it is still a FAIL and I would never get one at any price
  14. B

THIS is why it is a big FAIL! You buy the device from a friend / enemy /stranger and try to use it It doesn't work without an android app AND, You don't have an android device AND, You don't want to buy one DOH
  15. B

No, I got the point The unit has an app that can bork the settings FAIL!
  16. B

Not really This review was COMPLETELY fair to the manufacturer Unless you think it is fair to force all buyers to buy an android device just to use it (Hint: Not Gonna Happen) New Rules for 2021 1. Your dongle MUST work without a need for Android or IOS software 2. If you state that it is...
  17. B

Balanced with RCA?

If you want to hear the result? Yes
  18. B

Balanced with RCA?

No, that is not correct A "software" DAC can take a digital input and "display" an analog signal or waveform on your screen (A.K.A. Digital Oscilloscope or Digital Audio Editor) A hardware DAC (in the context of digital music reproduction) can take a digital input and output an analog waveform...
  19. B

Recommend toslink cable for 24/192

If your operating system cannot handle 24/192, then the receiver is irrelevant Some operating systems create gaps, pops and cracks even at 88.2, such as Windows 8.1 (with certain hardware options) or NO option for 88.2 with other hardware, yet Windows 10 and even Windows XP handle 192 just fine...
Top Bottom