Search results

1. H

Upgrade time from old Marantz SR6003

Not sure if i should post this elsewhere, i have encountered a weird problem and it is probably the SLING ap, but i wanted to ask. my Sony TV is hooked up to the Denon via optical cable and works fantastic, however when i turn the Denon OFF, sling will not work. i can browse the ap, but then...
  2. H

Just wanted to pop back in and say thank you again for putting my mind at rest with the Denon, i had a play for several hours last night, and i am very very happy. of course i need to get a new center speaker, but i feel the Quad 12L2 speakers sound a good deal clearer than they have ever done...
  3. H

Excellent, thank you so much for the advice. i will have a look into both, the directional option seems to be a better long term option as the cabinet could maybe be left as it is. thankyou again, i will set it up where it is for now and do some research, but yousaved me probably weeks of...
  4. H

thanks. I have been looking at the AC Infinity aircom series but I have not looked into which model would be suitable for the Denon. We are in Alabama currently, and we keep the house around 72-73 in the summer months ( so says the thermostat ) Maybe with a fan like the aircoms it can sit where...
  5. H

So the Denon arrived, and again I am looking for some advice. The marantz 6003 never over heated or had any issues even though it’s a UK 240v machine running on a cheapo voltage converter for USA voltage. It sat in the top slot of the cabinet. I was considering removing the top shelf and...
  6. H

I shall do some research tomorrow, I am kind of in limbo until the series X arrives anyway :) Although I did just order the Denon which will be here Friday.
  7. H

Thank you. the Focal would be more in my price range ( honeslty didnt expect 2k + ) so thank you. i appreciate the information as honeslty i am a little lost with eveything nowadays.
  8. H

the room is 17x15 with seating 14ft away from the tv/projection screen. speakers wise i was under the impression ( quite probably wrongly as the speakers are as old as the sr6003 ) that they were plenty good enough, bar the center being weak as it was a older model. center channel i really have...
  9. H

I will only have the Xbox series X capabale of 4k. i had considered some Atmos. connectivity is greaty improved with BT etc, but i had hoped sound improvement would be noticeable.
  10. H

Also, would anyone have any advice on something to replace the centre 11L2 ? i feel its the weak link now. but not totally sure what would be a good match to the Quads 12L2's.
  11. H

Thank you. I am kind of curious if i will notice a audible jump from the old Marantz. and also what to do with the old unit, being a 240V machine im not sure there is any demand for it here.
  12. H

I currently have a old Marantz SR6003 i brought over to the USA with me from the UK in 2014 ( which im using a voltage converter on ) I have decided to treat us to a upgrade and was looking to get a Denon X3700H. I am terrible at buying things for me, my wife and kids no problem, have my last...
Top Bottom