Search results

1. G

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

As long as Erin is on the right side of the Consumer Review Fairness Act, he could, for free, file a complaint with the FTC.
  2. G

Squeezebox (streamer) replacement?

Having had a couple squeezeboxes, pre and post Logitech, once the software support went and the devices got flaky, I moved to Wiim as an experiment. For the price and performance, hard to beat. I've not had any regrets.
  3. G

Any good affordable subwoofer? just need a touch of bottom for my Amphion Two15 (studio mixing)

Affordable can be different for each person, but yes, there are lots of good affordable options. With the Amphions Two15 retailing at $2200/ea, you don't seem to be in the super low budget category. In the ~$1k ballpark you can find lots of fine sealed 12" powered subs. I'm biased to Rythmik...
  4. G

Hifiman Edition XS

Plenty. Medium gain, 10/11 o‘clock is where I generally stop. Lots of power. I use a pair of 0.5 ft RCA I had around.
  5. G

Hifiman Edition XS

Correct. I've got this same stack with my XS - sound great. And in warm summer weather, also fabulous with some IEMs.
  6. G

KEF R7 REW Measurements: Starting Point, Any Simple Suggestions?

A MiniDSP or the like that can allow you to precisely adjust EQ, or even a Wiim or Roon endpoint offer more granular EQ than you have currently. Your graphs like good starting points - let REW do some auto EQ magic and you should get pretty flat to whatever room curve you seek.
  7. G

Share your in-room measurements?

And now with a quickly configured Rythmik E15 added to the mix:
  8. G

Music Server for Work Office

It sounds like your workplace has your work system set-up to not allow general users install things that need admin access. That would be APO and potentially whatever DAC driver you need. I would suggest asking IT to help - they should be able to easily and quickly allow both to be installed...
  9. G

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

I have a single cup in the morning and try to keep it simple. Local and recent, medium roast beans Baratza Encore with M2 burr Fellow Stagg kettle Kalita 155 dripper and filters Acaia Pearl scale 200f water, 1:16 coffee to water.
  10. G

Share your in-room measurements?

Currently just 2 channel as I am in-between subs. Living room with very little flexibility as to where I can position speakers, so my Revel find themselves 5' up, on a 15" deep built in, thin windows behind, each close to corners. Not ideal. Measurements taken from 14', speakers toed in and...
  11. G

Hifiman Edition XS

I did. The box tamper seals were cut but otherwise they look new and sound lovely. Shipped/arrived quickly, well packed. Very happy to have saved the ~$70.
  12. G

Topping Purchase from Amazon Problem?

75% of everything on Amazon? Just Topping products? All electronics? How did you arrive at that percentage?
  13. G

Budget desk-mounted mic boom arm recommendations

I've been rocking a medium InnoGear from Amazon since early Covid days which has been rock solid with a Rode NT-USB.
  14. G

WiiM Mini Streamer

I've been impressed over the past few months with my Wiim which replaced a Sonos into MiniDSP. The app has seen steady improvement and now ultra hd via Amazon. Last night however has me questioning that a bit. I use my Wiim for volume control. Last night, it started playing music that I had not...
Top Bottom