Search results

1. X

SVS Prime Bookshelf Speaker Review (by EAC)

It's funny that Monitor Audio has refreshed its speakers three times since then :D. From MA 4G to the current 7G... You might assume they have reference grade speakers by now with all those refreshes :rolleyes:
  2. X

How to avoid 53 page Review threads???

Hey Amir, what happened to posting reviews on the "Review Index" page? Nowadays I have to search you or a particular unit to see what you have reviewed lately. I was even surprised that you reviewed the AVM 70 and Emotiva's new processor after searching and checking your posts.
  3. X

Monitor Audio Silver 100 Review (Speaker)

That hump though... I wonder how much it impacts performance, especially for a tower. Would like to see directivity index though.
  4. X

Arendal 1961 Bookshelf review (by Erin)

You guys decided to ignore my comment huh..?
  5. X

What's your opinion on how this compares to the Emotiva B1+?
  6. X

I presume that the only Achilles' heel to Arendal's 1961 series is the centre channel (off-axis response). I can't wait for @hardisj measurement on the entire lineup and make a firm decision. Maybe its size and waveguide might widen the off-axis response
  7. X

Paradigm Founder 100F Measurements (via Soundstage Network)

I think audioholics were extremely generous with the 70LCR sound quality... Or maybe James' measurements don't cut it in my opinion. This is not a response for even a $300 centre. No way.
  8. X

KEF T101 Review (Thin Speaker)

Most of these in-wall speakers exist to please installers and "clutter-free" HT enthusiasts. While Kef has great engineers, the company as whole needs to cater to different clients' demands. Compromises have to be made. That being said, I would like to see an in-ceiling speaker on Klippel :)...
  9. X

Step Down Transformer and Core Saturation

Any electrical engineers here? Can I summon @amirm ...? Sorry
  10. X

Step Down Transformer and Core Saturation

Hey guys, I am wondering whether buying Monolith 7x200 power amp (rated for only 120vac) and using it in a country with 240V 50Hz power (through a step down transformer) will impact its operation. I understand that if an amp designed for 60Hz is used in 50Hz power source, the core flux must...
  11. X

ARE THERE ANY OTHER KLIPPEL USERS POSTING ON YT?

Videos are invaluable in teaching newbies about technical stuff. As Erin has pointed out, it's like attending a lecture vs reading on your own. I learned about objective measurements after bumping into @hardisj 's early videos (especially the Jamo S809 speaker review). Then @amirm started doing...
  12. X

Monoprice Encore B6 Bookshelf Review (by Erin)

I was about to say the I was about to say that the JBL Stage A130 (the wood-brown+black cabinet and white woofers version sold by Acoustic Sound Design) is the prettiest budget speaker, but then I remembered the conflicting Klippel data. I wish JBL can revisit/revise those speakers because...
  13. X

Subjective Reviews

Many don't even depend on brands for free stuff. It's either they don't know or don't care
  14. X

Subjective Reviews

We're on the same page now. In my opinion though (and with a lot of speculation), people might be willing to change if reviewers changed. Essentially, it's best to let the audience tell you "no we don't want a comparison with neutral speaker" after you have tried, rather than for reviewers to...
  15. X

Subjective Reviews

I never said all measured differences, I said speakers that measure relatively neutral. Because there is a dB or two difference at specific frequencies in speakers, then they sound different, right? And because we can't prove that now, it's a fact? Edit: Tell me how this speaker will sound...
  16. X

Subjective Reviews

I really don't want to respond since it will lead to a long argument and dilute the whole point of this thread. But I still don't understand why you are still referring to it as a "fact." It's a suggestion that needs to be investigated (since you haven't told us your side of the story), but it...
  17. X

Subjective Reviews

I would categorise this as a fallacy, maybe appeal to popularity or hasty generalization, I don't know which. I asked you to elaborate how studio monitors that measure neutral sound different, then you say "because everyone would be using the cheapest." That's not how you support your argument...
  18. X

Subjective Reviews

Could you please elaborate this? (using some of studio monitors that are in the review section as examples). If the reviewers don't have the model at hand, I doubt they can remember accurately how it sounds. As a speaker reviewer I think it is good to invest in something neutral that can...
  19. X

Subjective Reviews

In most cases their audience don't even know the reviewer is a subjectivist. They will never know until, maybe by a miracle, someone educates them about acoustics etc. Most people I have met don't want to start reading graphs and just need a good speaker. Sadly, "good" is what a popular reviewer...
  20. X

Subjective Reviews

The Yamaha was an example. My point was about getting a good studio monitor to judge other speakers against. Many subjective reviewers say we don't listen to measurements, but how sure are they that they are judging speakers using the correct content? They will do anything to get the "best"...
Top Bottom