Search results

1. D

Best Music for Equipment Reviews and Listening Pleasure

For those who didn't attend the Munich 2023 Hi End Hifi Show, these are some of the tracks used to demonstrate the exhibitors' various wares.
  2. D

I just came across this playlist from another reviewer. Many of you might already have seen this, but I found it had some useful new additions: https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/e62e1273-f1c6-4465-8c0d-d869bcbc74d9
  3. D

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

I know. It was a more tongue in cheek response around really ridiculous outgoings for hifi. As a home user of modest means, I hear you. :):)
  4. D

I know the price tag seems high. However, when you consider what sonic gifts the proud owner can appreciate, it seems a true bargain. This all the more so when we remember the price tag for a passive speaker (without amplification, subs, cable etc) such as the Hart Audio D&W Aural Pleasure. :oops::)
  5. D

I agree about the aesthetic challenge of the W371A's. A hurdle for home use, that many of us just can't negotiate!! Pity!!
  6. D

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

Absolutely. This is just a fact.
  7. D

I appreciate that, but felt the need to correct the mistaken view. I hope that helps.
  8. D

I hate to disagree, but this is absolutely NOT the case. When setup, the soundstage presented through the 8361A's should simply preclude any notion of detecting sound emanating from the monitors. They deserve the time and effort to set them up correctly.
  9. D

You can definitely get that effect from the 8361A's.
  10. D

Genelec 8361A vs 8351B

Look forward to hearing your report. Thanks
  11. D

Review and Measurements of Holo Audio May --- Probably the best discrete R2R DAC

True, and unarguable. The test results for the noted groups of equipment would seem to confirm this. :)
  12. D

Review and Measurements of Holo Audio May --- Probably the best discrete R2R DAC

I owned both (including the Serene) and sold the Holo Audio to return to my Topping D90Se/Pre90/Ext90 setup. The detail retrieval of the latter is far greater. However, it probably comes down to taste - as one Holo Audio champion favours them over Topping alternatives as the latter are seen to...
  13. D

This playlist is useful for testing midrange, bass and sub-bass. It also offers other features for equipment testing AND (hopefully) sheer listening pleasure. Updated! As it is not available to stream elsewhere, the untitled track can be found here ...
  14. D

I have already thanked you on your relevant thread, but would just like to point out how magnificent it is - for anyone here or in search of excellent sampling music. To paraphrase Lawrence Oates: "I'm just going inside and may be some time!" So much to explore...
  15. D

An Attempt Sharing Reference Quality Music Playlist: at least a portion and/or whole track being analyzed by 3D color spectrum of Adobe Audition

Excellent, this is exactly the type of thing that I was hoping for. I'll get around to sampling these and adding (hopefully) many to my own library. Thanks
  16. D

Are there any particular tracks/albums in which both the engineering and performance of string recordings stand out for you?
Top Bottom