Search results

1. Lilith

Direct or Capacitor coupled? KH120

Does anyone know if the Neumann KH120 or active studio monitors in general are direct coupled or capacitor coupled? As far I understand in the latter case DC signals will not pass through to the woofers. I wonder what to take care of when doing sound design.
  2. Lilith

Sennheiser HD560S, buzzing at ~50-100 Hz

Today I realized that there's some light buzzing on the right (also a bit on the left depending on frequency) side of my HD560S audible with louder sine tones at around 80 Hz. I read that the screws might be a bit loose or it's just the plastic maybe. I wonder how to take away the ear pads and...
  3. Lilith

Question: Behringer UMC 204, Distortion on main out

Hi, I'm just fiddling with my UIMC204 interface to see how strong the distortion is on its outputs and how it depends on the Main Volume. I connected one channel of the outpout (which normally goes to my monitor controller) to the left input. I set the input gain so that it it does not clip at...
  4. Lilith

Iloud Precision Monitors

There are three new iloud monitors (5 inch, 6.5 inch, 5 inch MTM) . When you google for it you'll find some entries. Most of them, however, got deleted again during the last 4 days.
  5. Lilith

Sennheiser Hd 560S for mixing (100%)

I have - beside too many headphones - also the DT-880 which is fine, but it hurts when I leave it on for some hours. Stumbled over the HD560S which seems to be quite good. Is it worth to buy it and can it be considered as an upgrade to the DT880? I also want more bass. I don't want to use EQ...
  6. Lilith

Neumann KH120 - tweeter issue or normal unit difference?

Hi, I bought a pair of new KH120 last week and did some measurements today. First I measured them at the position where they will go to, but after finding a strange issue with the tweeter I measured both from the same location and reproduced it. As you can see in the plot from REW with 1/24...
  7. Lilith

KH120 trim pot

I just bought the KH120 last week and on one unit the trim pot on the back side has a little resistance at the 10 o'clock position. I think this is because the pot axis is not exactly centered in the bore hole of the cabinet and the pastic knob of the pot slightly touches the metal in that...
  8. Lilith

Genelec 7040 APM too small for 40 m2 room?

Ĥi, I'm either going to buy the Neumann KH120 or a smaller Genelec 8030 or even 8020 depending on a sub. Do you think the Genelec 7040 is too small for a ~40 m2 room or is it a waste of money? I would put it below the table between the speakers. The point is I can't carry a ~20 kg sub and the...
  9. Lilith

Speaker for mixing in 45m2 room

Hi, since some months now I want to upgrade from my Eris 5 to better judge the bass range. I have some bass traps and side wall treatment, but I correct major room modes (70 Hz and 130 Hz) with dsp in Linux. My speakers don't go that low, but I can measure that there's a huge mode at 45 Hz...
  10. Lilith

Room correction - Linux

Hi, I'm on Linux and I'm producing music on Linux. For room correction I used the Sonarworks plugin that was supported by Sonarworks for ~2-3 years now. The measurement part was done with Windows. I bought SW last year and suddenly this year they dropped Linux support. The plugin is still...
  11. Lilith

Headphone Amp for Beyerdynamic DT 880 250 Ohm (even needed?)

Hi, I'm using a Beyerdynamic DT 880 headphone (250 Ohm) and have it currently connected to a (... don't laugh) Mackie HM-4 headphone amp which is connected to my interface (Behringer UMC 204) via the headphone output. I wonder if I get "better sound" with a better headphone amp as the volume is...
Top Bottom