Search results

1. lealoureiro

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Thanks for your reply! Which XLR input sockets you used? do you mind to share? Regarding the grounding cable, you made it yourself or you bought it?
  2. lealoureiro

DIY Purifi Amp builds

What are the dimensions of that one? I want to go with same model but that one from the picture seems a bit to small/compact. How did you made the grounding? Does the case has some kind of coating make the contact more difficult or something? Thanks!
  3. lealoureiro

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Thanks @tomchr ! Indeed I've printed the datasheet to start analyse and understand the pin outs. I just want to make sure I understand well the connections before i start doing the connections etc. So basically the power output of J4 when select Unregulated is the same as J5 I believe.
  4. lealoureiro

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Thank you for the info tomchr and boXem | audio :) Another think a get confused regarding the purpose of the the J4 and J5 connectors in SMSP1200, i see some builds here that were using one or the order, and some builds a combination of both... J4 is mainly to give power to Input Buffer boards...
  5. lealoureiro

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Thanks for your answer! I understand, not ideal but still feasible I believe. When using those 2 boards separately which of them has the 10 pin connector, but SMPS1200 only has 1 output. I saw some people using a ribbon cable with 2 output connectors (one in the middle of cable), the are of two...
  6. lealoureiro

DIY Purifi Amp builds

I didn't understood very well the 90% calculation. You mean just put SMPS in standby still uses 90% of idle energy? I know that i need to use an external power supply (like 12v) to power the micro controller and keep it on independent from rest of amp. I was also indeed planning to use a Relay...
  7. lealoureiro

DIY Purifi Amp builds

I see you also used the Neurochrome Input boards. How did you tried to make the i2c connection? I can't find datasheet for those boards, to see the pinout. Assuming the Microcontroller is 3.3v Logic Level, and then you connect SDA, SDC and GNDs and don't connect the Voltage pins?
  8. lealoureiro

DIY Purifi Amp builds

I want to integrate and control it with my Home Automation system which I can connect to it via some kind of network API.
  9. lealoureiro

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Hello, I'm quite new in this forum as you can see from my number of posts :) After reading all this thread, I decided to embrace the adventure of trying to build my own Power Amp as well, based on Purifi 1ET400A and Hypex SMPS1200A400. I'm a software developer and like to play with embedded...
  10. lealoureiro

Does Anybody use just SAMBA for streaming?

I use SAMBA protocol to share files from my Linux server to my Windows and Mac clients. Also VLC apps in iOS/Android can access it. I guess still included as part Ubuntu distributions: smbd.service - Samba SMB Daemon.
  11. lealoureiro

A Raspberry Pi as a music server

In the beginning I was using a Raspberry Pi 3b+ as music server with Raspbian. But started to having some issues with streaming high bitrate video files, since I also use it for DNLA server for my WebOS TV. I guess that was due to USB and Ethernet were sharing the same bus. I guess that now is...
  12. lealoureiro

Suggestion Streamer/DAC/PreAmp as Roon endpoint

I think I will go with Maxtrix Audio Mini 3 Pro to connect it to a DIY Purifi Power Amplifier. Still researching and doing the planning.
  13. lealoureiro

For me I want to follow the same kind of approach and if possible also having volume control in central place, in this case Roon. To avoid have two Volume controls, the device physical volume and one in roon. the best would be those are the same
  14. lealoureiro

Not super important but it would be cool to experiment. The NAD 658 seems to be very cool option. But both don't advertise as Roon Ready, but maybe works either way. Hum... i don't care much if "audiophile" not. The thing is want things to be handy, like control the volume in one place, or when...
  15. lealoureiro

Hello All, Any suggestions of good DAC/Streamer that works as Roon Ready Endpoint ? One of the important things for me is that volume could also be controlled via Roon so avoid playing with volume in multiple places. Also balanced analog outputs would be good. I'm planing to connect to a DIY...
Top Bottom