Search results

1. momo7G

Please recommend headphones that you wear for watching a movie at home

Sometimes you just don't want to switch on everything or move to the living room/movie room when watching a tv series or an anime. So, when you sit in front of your computer for that, what headphones will you use? I am looking for something comfy to wear for 2-3 hours, open, closed, IEM are...
  2. momo7G

Are subwoofers pretty much the same?

I am in the market for subwoofer. The price difference of some of them is vast and spec wise seems similar. My question is, are they pretty much the same? What makes a subwoofer "good"?
  3. momo7G

Need a product suggestion... USB sound card with headphone out

I recently built a new pc, the audio output is super hissy for headphone. I am using Presonus HD7 and Audio Technica M60x, both give a very audible hiss when no music is played. Topping DX3 is very nice and will be an overkill for the things I am using. Is there a product I can plug in the...
  4. momo7G

Rode Golder Ear Test

This is part of the promotion of their video mic, it is a fun little test to see if you can the different mic techniques being used: https://videomicrange.com/goldenears
  5. momo7G

Headphones you wish you had or had not bought

Seen this topic floating around reddit, I want to bring it to ASR. For myself: I wish I had NOT bought , Beyerdynamic DT 770, the clamping force is too strong for my unusually big head ( I wear XXL motorcycle helmet ) Fiio FH5 In-ear, the sales was a pretty girl ( I know I know, I try to...
  6. momo7G

Microsoft is kinda cool to let it happen

100s of Microsoft interns dance and sing about the company they're working in. I guess this is not going to happen back in Bill and Balmer days. @amirm perhaps it brings you back some memories??
  7. momo7G

Sony MDR-7510

Does anyone have experience with this pair of headphones?? I see a used pair on sale and the price is attractive. However I cannot find any review on 7510. Plenty reviews on 7506, I am thinking are they similar sounding?? I listened to 7506 and think they are a bit harsh on the highs. If...
  8. momo7G

Speakers Suggestions Sought

Haha, I make a SSS title. As you may have noticed I posted about Edifier E25. Maybe a suggestion post will attract more eyeballs and clicks. The above is my room and I sit facing the balcony. I am looking for a pair of speakers, passive or active , something under 500-600 USD with everything...
  9. momo7G

So, you think you are golden ears...

People of Psychology Department of Harvard U built a website called "The Music Lab" There are a couple of interesting test, but the best one should be this one: Are you Tone Deaf? http://beta.themusiclab.org/quizzes/td They recommend to use headphone to do the test, but always some rebel...
  10. momo7G

Edifier E25?? Anyone have listened to those??

Hello again ASR gang, I am looking for a pair of small speakers for my PC. Today when I browse around on massdrop, this pops up: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/edifier-e25-luna-eclipse-bluetooth-speakers Although they don't deliver to Australia, which where I located, it's priced at 250AUD...
  11. momo7G

Your spending sweet-spot of audio equipment??

The technology in audio is getting better and better, it is quite difficult to get a higher spec without forking out tons of money. The top tier DAC and middle tier one may have only 5 db difference between them, but the top one might cost hundreds more. As the law of diminishing apply, where...
  12. momo7G

Is there a benefit in using balanced output to headphones?

To my knowledge, balanced output is used to reduce ground and hum in professional audio. Which is a great deal as the cables need to run for a longer distant and signaling high power PA system. However, is the balanced out will do good in home audio? As we usually just sit in front of the...
  13. momo7G

Acoustics explained by Final Audio

http://snext-final.com/en/acoustics/ Rather long read, but share much information about how their earphone or headphone be tuned.
  14. momo7G

An interesting read from someone from Apogee

https://www.headphone-earphone.reviews/2018/12/05/apogee-unfiltered-and-straight-from-the-source/ I haven't finished the whole thing yet, as I am reading it from work. Which my work involves riding motorcycle... The interview come across wide topics from digital audio, MQA, practicality of...
  15. momo7G

General Question about Impedace

I have read about matching the impedance for speakers / headphone at about 1/8 or 1/10 of the amp output. Which it works for a better damping factor the transducer to provide better base performance. I am wondering, what would happen if I plug a low impedance, say 16 ohm, headphone into a amp...
  16. momo7G

a fun video explain noise and gain

Although that's more about the recording side, I guess same applies to amplifiers.
  17. momo7G

I guess this is true to speakers and headphone

Steve Gutenberg talks about accuracy in this video: I personally think that it holds true to speakers and headphones. However, for electronics, accuracy is still prime. Such say an amplifier, you don't know what kind of distortion is more favorable to another. I would rather have a super low...
  18. momo7G

About DAC chip

It seems to me most mid-fi, hi-fi DAC like to use ESS sabre chip in their products. In some cases, it is used for marketing purposes too. Is there a reason why they are so dominant? Are they really out perform their opponents by much?? Or the chip is more easy to work with?? Drowning in deep...
  19. momo7G

Where should I adjust the volume?

After reading heaps of reviews about dac/amp, the shopping bug finally bite me. I decided to spend some money for one, to seek for the box which let you hear god. The box I bought was ifi nano iDSD BL. This is the link for that% https://ifi-audio.com/products/nano-idsd-bl/ I then try to use...
  20. momo7G

Confused Newbie

Hello all, I recently got a pair of sennheiser hd 700 as gift. Then the problem started. As I noticed this is a pair of serious HiFi headphones with serious price (to me at least). I want to make the most of it and bring out the best of the headphones. Then I started to research the topic and...
Top Bottom