Search results

1. momo7G

Please recommend headphones that you wear for watching a movie at home

Some kilobuck headphones suggestions, it's good to see the forum members doing so well. I should throw in more info for the recommendation, I have a pair of sony 7506, but they are not very comfy to wear for long hours I find myself adjusting the sony every 20 minutes, as they cannot hold...
  2. momo7G

I think I am going to get 560s when back in stock, 800s is too expensive for me. I am using win11 will try to play with eq. Thanks for the input.
  3. momo7G

Sometimes you just don't want to switch on everything or move to the living room/movie room when watching a tv series or an anime. So, when you sit in front of your computer for that, what headphones will you use? I am looking for something comfy to wear for 2-3 hours, open, closed, IEM are...
  4. momo7G

Are subwoofers pretty much the same?

It looks like I am up for a major upgrade if I put the sub in the mix:eek:
  5. momo7G

Wow, heaps of useful info. Thanks for everyone's input. I am using Topping MX3 to push pioneer sp bs22. Cheapo setup. Last week before the lockdown, I got a chance to listen to my friend's 5.1 setup with a Jamo speakers system. He then play something I familiar with sub on and off. The low...
  6. momo7G

@North_Sky Yes, in Melbourne.
  7. momo7G

@theory no chance to look at the real stuff yet, as not many shops open. @North_Sky if you mean buying american, they both are US company
  8. momo7G

For spec I mean the frequency response, let's use the Presonus T10 an SVS SB-1000. T10 list as 20-200 hz SB-1000 list as 24-260hz In Australia T10 is selling at A$700 and SVS is about A$1200. If I am using the amplifier sub rca out, set the crossover at 80hz, rather than some input option...
  9. momo7G

I am in the market for subwoofer. The price difference of some of them is vast and spec wise seems similar. My question is, are they pretty much the same? What makes a subwoofer "good"?
  10. momo7G

Need a product suggestion... USB sound card with headphone out

A dongle will be good :D but my motherboard only get the square old USB 3.1, @AndyLu I don't need a powerful headphone amp for high impedance phones, so some usb dongle will do I guess
  11. momo7G

Both are awesome:D, but is there something under US$50? As I have no use for that much gain in Fiio K5 and EVGA is not that avaliable in Australia, which is where I live.
  12. momo7G

I recently built a new pc, the audio output is super hissy for headphone. I am using Presonus HD7 and Audio Technica M60x, both give a very audible hiss when no music is played. Topping DX3 is very nice and will be an overkill for the things I am using. Is there a product I can plug in the...
  13. momo7G

Rode Golder Ear Test

This is part of the promotion of their video mic, it is a fun little test to see if you can the different mic techniques being used: https://videomicrange.com/goldenears
  14. momo7G

Headphones you wish you had or had not bought

Seen this topic floating around reddit, I want to bring it to ASR. For myself: I wish I had NOT bought , Beyerdynamic DT 770, the clamping force is too strong for my unusually big head ( I wear XXL motorcycle helmet ) Fiio FH5 In-ear, the sales was a pretty girl ( I know I know, I try to...
  15. momo7G

PC/Nuc version recommendations?

For jriver, if you are not using it to play HD video, your old atom system is more than enough. As EQing is not really demanding work for system. Think RME ADI2 DAC, it can do EQ within the hardware with heaps less computing power than a CPU. Of course it feels good to have new hardware within...
  16. momo7G

Sony MDR-7510

@solderdude I have read about the mods you made from your website. Super interesting and good info.
  17. momo7G

Microsoft is kinda cool to let it happen

100s of Microsoft interns dance and sing about the company they're working in. I guess this is not going to happen back in Bill and Balmer days. @amirm perhaps it brings you back some memories??
  18. momo7G

Sony MDR-7510

My another pair of headphones now is Presonus HD7, no big complain rather than heating up quick for a short moment on my head (good in winter though), and again sharp highs. As I plug into my PC with another pairs of speakers. Too much fiddling if I use EQ through APO equaliser.
  19. momo7G

Sony MDR-7510

Thanks for the reply, it sounds like it is what I am after, a more mellow sounding that focus a bit more at the mids. Thanks again.
Top Bottom