Search results

1. K

Hifiman Ananda Nano Headphone Review

It's unfortunately a lot to do with their design choices for this headphone. They have other headphones with other design choices that perform much better. You'll find flat bass on all of their open back headphones since a closed front volume and open back volume creates a flat bass. They'd have...
  2. K

Using AI for Review Thread Summaries?

I gave Gemini a go for recommendations and got this: https://g.co/gemini/share/7883b2a86214 I find it interesting that is used more flavored language. It also seems to have made up the measurements on some. Did copilot answer measurements accurately?
  3. K

AI and Future of Music Production

Non-human concerts are also a thing. See Vocaloids and the Tupac hologram concert. The Vocaloid ones even have some degree of audience interaction. Similar to Vocaloids, I assume AI artists might be their own niche. I hope so anyway, but I also assume AI will be much more human sounding than the...
  4. K

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

Boy am I glad I was never fully convinced that these were that great. Everyone talked about how stellar these were. I can't imagine spending that much considering what I've seen of their build, not being better than the Ananda, and their apparent sound quality. I'll stick with my Venus (Sundara...
  5. K

SMSL DA9 - Wait and see, or solid buy?

Stereophile has some. Different format but a lot of good info. I have one too.
  6. K

SMSL DA9 - Wait and see, or solid buy?

I must have made a typo. I think I meant C268.
  7. K

YouTube cracks down on ad blockers

You can always mute on your DAC/amp.
  8. K

SMSL D400 Pro Balanced DAC Review

Still waiting for PEQ. Maybe one of these days I'll have a reason to sell my RME.
  9. K

Fiio R7 Android Streamer Review

I wouldn't say popular but it isn't negligible. Most of them don't offer much other than a battery separate from your phone. Otherwise a phone + portable like a dongle or Qudelix is better. All of the Android ones use similar processors to the one here or worse, pretty much never better. The...
  10. K

Fiio R7 Android Streamer Review

Depending on how loud you listen, but the Topping G5 is quite powerful. I personally use the Qudelix for a headphone with 103dB/v sensitivity in SE mode with EQ but I also don't listen very loud. Qudelix app says around 73-78dB.
  11. K

AKG N700nc m2 Measurements

I got a pair for $80 on sale and they didn't quite sound like these measure but I only used them in BT mode so maybe there is different processing. That said, the ANC was sub-par and the comfort was not there after more than 15 or so minutes. The small cups were the limiting factor. Sony XM line...
  12. K

Resolve's B&K 5128 Headphone Target - you can try the EQ's.....

Report me all you'd like. You linked me to a post about binaural audio. It didn't really touch on anything involving this discussion. None of that justifies the claims you've made about the B&K being better or the claims you've made about reasoning, physics, or the conclusions from the things...
  13. K

You should re-read what you wrote. Standards follow research. So B&K should not be the standard until the research is done. You keep saying science and physics but I don't think your understanding of those two things is correct in this case. You keep saying physics shows this, science shows...
  14. K

But that doesn't mean it does it significantly better. Just because it has an earlike feature doesn't mean it is better for the purpose. You need to test to show it is actually better. I am not aware of any such tests. The previous GRAS rig was able to predict measured levels super accurately up...
  15. K

The new fixture isn't significantly better at mimicking our response at the eardrums though. The parts that are difficult to mimic with a fixture, the higher frequencies, is where the model has a harder time and the reason it has a harder time is the shape of the individual ear comes in to play...
  16. K

I don't think the model ever claimed to be that granular though. For example, a 83 headphone would pretty much always sound better than a 50 but an 83 won't necessarily sound better than an 80. That and the extreme ends tend to just be a wash. Anything over 90 is pretty much "great, pick...
  17. K

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

Overhead power doesn't really change how a headphone sounds and the difference between output impedance in SE and balanced on the RME is negligible. Feel free to. My part asking if it matters was because regardless of what frequency you are calculating your volume level at, there is sufficient...
  18. K

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

Does it matter? Even if you have a 10dB bass shelf, you shouldn't be listening at 116dB either. If you want to go deaf, be my guest. I measured ears for several years and I know very well what kind of damage those levels cause and how unaware the people getting the damage are for the most part.
  19. K

Such horrible video production....

Okay, but Horse was a genius video so I have to concede at least some. The ones I was referring to were ones like Prayer of the Refugee by Rise Against, a song that is supposed to be about the feelings of alienation and displacement refugees feel when moving from one place to another but the...
  20. K

Such horrible video production....

I tend to actively avoid watching music videos of anything I like. They often make very little sense or are poorly made. Sometimes the videos go against the meaning of the song the video is for!
Top Bottom