Search results

1. xaviescacs

Help. Brand of those? Anyone?

Hi. Can anybody tell me the brand of this monitor? Thanks!
  2. xaviescacs

Kef Corelli? Anyone?

Hi Folks, Is there anyone here with experience with the Kef Corelli speakers? I can't find a frequency response or distortion measurements. Do you think there is any sense in getting a used pair for something else than love for vintage gear? Thanks!
  3. xaviescacs

Vertical ceiling foam panels in a school canteen (cafeteria?). How they work?

Hi folks, I have a question about acoustics for you. Yesterday I attended a meeting with other kid's parents in a school canteen (cafeteria in USA? ). I took a picture of the ceiling: I'm assuming they have an acoustic purpose from now on. It seems a low density foam of about 4 cm thick...
  4. xaviescacs

SOLD!!: Pathos Aurium headphone amplifier (SOLD)

Yes, I'm selling my Pathos Aurium headphone amplifier. It's a piece of equipment that I really like, but I'm not using it anymore, so there is no point on keeping it. Some months ago I bought an RME DAC and connected the Aurium between the DAC and the active speakers. This setup however soon...
  5. xaviescacs

For sale: Dynaudio Excite X14A (active version) SOLD

Hi, I'm selling my pair of Dynaudio Excite X14A. These are the active version of the Excite X14, with the amp module of the BM series. They are in perfect condition ... except for some scratches on the under surface. I've taken different pictures to allow for a proper evaluation...
  6. xaviescacs

Country found wild mushrooms for cooking - Share what you have found out there

This thread is about sharing pictures of mushrooms you've found in the country to be cooked. This activity of going to the mountain to find/collect mushrooms is very common where I'm from, with dedicated tv programs included. For such an aficionado, one key part is to share what one has found...
  7. xaviescacs

Marantz PM-KI Pearl Lite repair

This thread is the follow up of a discussion started by myself in a thread about different speaker cables lengths because I wanted to know if that could be the case, in my ignorance. I don't want to keep polluting that thread so I start this one. The last intervention by @restorer-john, which...
  8. xaviescacs

Static content vs dynamic (forum) content. Does ASR needs a Wiki?

Just a moment ago I asked in the Sabaj D5 thread if the device remembers the volume independently for line and headphone outputs. The same question I asked in the Topping EX5 thread some days ago. I'm more or less forced to ask these questions because I don't really have time to read all the...
  9. xaviescacs

Second hand Celestion Ditton 66: opportunity or scam?

Hi folks! I'm facing the opportunity to get a pair of Celestion Ditton 66 in exchange for some integrated amp I'm selling, an Audio Analogue Crescendo. I'm not searching actively for any passives, but, what do you think about it? I've found this brochure with some specifications, more than I...
  10. xaviescacs

Asymmetric vs symmetric room

As a newbie with some intuition about acoustics I have a question. Many times I've read along this site that asymmetric rooms are more challenging than symmetric ones in terms of acoustics. This was a bit striking to me at first glance, since, intuitively, in a completely symmetric room, as...
Top Bottom