Search results

1. xaviescacs

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

In any case I think it would be appreciated to move this conversation out of this thread, which is about the 8030C. How about creating a new thread in the 4 Home Music Servers, Computers and Streamers section? You can start a fresh one with your requirements. Something like, "Streamer with UBS...
  2. xaviescacs

Hi @Miguelón and welcome aboard! USB output means there is a computer inside the device. So you can use a computer, like a RPi, or something that has a computer inside, usually a RPi :D, but those tend to be more expensive than the speakers you have ;) The RPi is tough to set up but once there...
  3. xaviescacs

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

< 6 score, not impressed :)
  4. xaviescacs

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

About the price - performance correlation, I always think I'm going to show it properly and I never take the time, but I'm going to say it, which is cheaper. It's wrong or at least inaccurate to say that price and performance are not correlated. What happens is that there is a more relevant...
  5. xaviescacs

That's actually my main concern when driving speakers from a computer, how easy is to miss an unattenuated volume (100% level). I prefer to have some external volume control, whether a DAC or a preamplifier with attenuation.
  6. xaviescacs

Extreme Snake Oil

One has to admit that this game of finding the less expensive illusory tweak that maximizes profits, appearance of quality and exclusivity to outmaneuver competitors looks somehow fun. o_O
  7. xaviescacs

A millennial's rant on classical music

He plays the Cymbals in this concert too :D
  8. xaviescacs

A millennial's rant on classical music

2020 Petrenko's version with the Berliner incorporates a much bigger mallet. My son loves this moment.
  9. xaviescacs

FAQ Questions on Audio/ASR

This has been my thought since ever. However, it's clear that a Wiki is a major commitment and has its drawbacks. My idea was to have some of the experts to write the articles, which is the bulk of the work, so Amir could focus on structure and general guidelines. In fact Don has some articles...
  10. xaviescacs

But DACs don't produce sound and yet they are said to provide more or less fidelity! Your dictionary doesn't seem to be aware of that... :)
  11. xaviescacs

:D I didn't expect that one. Amir uses the word "fidelity" many times in his videos and reviews in statements of the sort "this is better in terms of fidelity", so I thought it would be nice to explain the meaning of a sentence like that in the context of audio, where it's not that clear what...
  12. xaviescacs

What does "fidelity" mean?
  13. xaviescacs

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

La Garriga, modernism and agriculture... ... a 15k town near Barcelona, you know, always in construction.
  14. xaviescacs

I have a similar experience with my mine in desk configuration. My guess is there are three factors that apply in my particular case. The first one is that desk should be treated, because reflections that early can be quite loud, if I understand the subject correctly. The second one is that I...
  15. xaviescacs

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

Two stereo systems and still on the most populated segment, which I didn't expect. :)
  16. xaviescacs

Hifiman Ananda Stealth V2 Headphone Review

Used to see cheap IEMs with perfect distortion graphs this looks like absolute crap... almost as bad as my AKG 701 :D
  17. xaviescacs

Why can't we just ignore inane audio threads?

Some days ago a friend told me: "I used to think that what moved people was power and sex. Recently I've realized that there is a third element: the need of imposing their ideas to others".
  18. xaviescacs

Food: didn't know Italians were so picky about their carbonara!

In the Barcelona region you have professionals with studies or amateurs, there is no mid point and it's quite hard for little restaurants to find people with a minimum of skills that they can afford to pay.
Top Bottom