Search results

1. M

Passive Speakers With Active Bass - help needed

Situation is a small room (around 9' by 12') and a vinyl enthusiast who does not want to A-D the analogue signal. So looking for a 3 way with active bass - can be ready made, a kit or a just a design on paper as build skills are available. Can anyone recommend a speaker that fits this bill...
  2. M

Industry Insiders And Their Nonsense

I'm not entirely sure when it was that I bought my first Hi-fi magazine but I think it must have been about 1989 I already had a system bought from Richer Sounds and was looking to upgrade so I got a copy of What Hi-Fi (AKA 'WTF?') in the hope of getting some guidance. (I didn't and in the end...
  3. M

NEBO 13 (local meet)

Local meet up in the North East of England that's been running more than a decade now. Good turn out, more of a party than doing lots of serious comparisons but some interesting kit. Pics with a little bit of commentary below - for your edification. Caution - this post contains graphic images...
  4. M

Hi-Fi Wigwam Show 2022 - Photos

Here's a few photos I took at this show earlier today. As usual I didn't get time to go in every room and there's a few I went in where I forgot to take photos, but here's some of what I have. For those who don't know this is an enthusiast's show not a trade show, people bring their own...
  5. M

For Sale: Audion Silver Night Stereo 300B Mark 2 Power Amplifier

For sale - Tidy example of this classic and highly regarded 300B stereo valve power amplifier, the sale includes the PS Vane Reference 300BT vacuum tubes in presentation box. Point to point hardwired, has a volume control so can also be used as an integrated amplifier with a single source...
  6. M

North West Audio Show 2022

Went to this show today, it was in Cranage, Cheshire UK. Here's some photos and some wholly subjective opinion: B&W - not as good as I expected, sounded a bit fuzzy: Nagra with YG Acoustic speakers and Plinius power amp - this was good, seem like very good speakers, filled a large room...
Top Bottom