Search results

1. M

Break from Tekton Thread

Is it his review of the Klipsch Heresy?
  2. M

Break from Tekton Thread

No-one in Britain would eat that without adding red or brown sauce. Or at the least some salt and vinegar. (Obviously you must avoid getting vinegar on the beans, this is a culinary skill in itself). Also whoever prepared that is a beginner. There should be a sausage acting as a breakwater...
  3. M

Do CD players sound different to each other?

I like the retro-futuristic thing about playing a CD. I'd never get tired of opening and closing the drawer on that Marantz.
  4. M

Do CD players sound different to each other?

People buy them because they look the business, unlike the vast majority of current players that resemble something a high-rent brass might keep a stash of prophylactics in. They just take a chance on its remaining life-span.
  5. M

MoFi SourcePoint 10 - Review & Measurements by Erin

Also maybe because 8 is associated with good fortune in China and some other Asian cultures? '888' being 'Triple fortune.'
  6. M

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

I'm always happy to pay attention to a genuine expert and although I'm nothing of the sort myself I know enough to be able to distnguish them from the bullshitters. It's not all so cut and dried. I know guitar players who have way more than 30,000 hours and could strip and rebuild a guitar...
  7. M

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

This is a variation on the 'I expected to like them and I didn't, so there's no such thing as cognitive bias or cognitive bias could not be a factor in this case.' But it ignores the fact that our conscious and subconscious expectations are not necessarily the same. And, by definition, we...
  8. M

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Currently I'm deploying a DAC from 1989. Reverb tails reproduce just fine. I'm amused by the idea that only 'audio professionals' are aware of such things. You don't need to know how the equipment works to be able to mix and master, just how it is operated. This distinction seems to be missed...
  9. M

Break from Tekton Thread

And derived from a recipe allegedly obtained in India...
  10. M

Break from Tekton Thread

Europe vs America - 'It's the little differences'
  11. M

Break from Tekton Thread

The weather is number one. Although right now it's not doing anything so it's as bland as the food. I'd put the food at number two. :) But if you like pies full of stodge then you're golden. You could move out of London and up north - it's pretty much still like it was in the 1950s here...
  12. M

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Reminds me of Monty Python 'Life Of Brian' - 'This is movement towards, isn't it?!' 'Populus vocatus Tekton vadunt ad advocatos' Now write it out a hundred times!
  13. M

Break from Tekton Thread

True. So we invented brown sauce: Adapt. Improvise. Overcome. :)
  14. M

Extreme Snake Oil

That's a classic. I especially like the part where one snake-oil vendor rubbishes another one's product. Not by saying it does nothing - don't want to put that idea in the punters' minds - but instead: ''...in every case I found it to 'sexify' the sonic results, ultimately leading to a less...
  15. M

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

yes that's pretty much where I am at with it also. Plus I'm currently using an antique digital pre-amp. I can connect six VCRs to it, but not my laptop.
  16. M

Spending big bucks on HiFi Audio

The power amp is measured here, https://www.stereophile.com/content/vac-statement-452-iq-musicbloc-monostereo-power-amplifier-measurements Just $75K! - hold on - before you reach for your wallet - you'll need two of them for stereo.
  17. M

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

I voted 'Yes' last time but this time I've gone for 'Yes but' - since I have changed some parts of the system since the last vote and I think it is better now than it was. So never say never.
  18. M

Spending big bucks on HiFi Audio

I don't find it disgusting but I do wonder what benefits they think they are getting over, say, a $2K pre-amp. Now if they replied 'I know there's none but I just liked the look of it' I'd be fine with that. But that's almost certainly not what they'd say.
  19. M

Which speakers/setup for ride cymbals

How drums are recorded has changed massively over the years as mixing desks got more and more channels. From using one mic for the drums to 16 or 20. I think this is pretty much 100 percent a recording thing and nothing to do with the playback system.
Top Bottom