Search results

1. T

Which bit and sampling rate to feed a minidsp?

Thank you Marc! Yes, it's via USB. And I had a Gustard X16, I sold to buy the DDRC. The difference was incredible as I had no eq or bass management whatsoever. I'll leave at max resolution then. Thanks again!
  2. T

Well, I'm using the 96khz and 24 bits resolution as max, to have at least the 24bits used. The minidsp might downsample to 48khz, but when the album is 48khz and 24bits, it gets the most out of it. If anybody has any info, I'd apreciate it. After some more reading, I'm guessing it doens't really...
  3. T

Hypex Ncore NC502MP - audible hum on one channel?

I realized it was a problem with my turntable, at least I guess it was. I grounded it correctly (I was using the built in preamp) to the phono preamp and it stopped. I don't have any problems anymore with the Audiophonics Hypex NC252MP. No hiss or hum at all.
  4. T

I tried to understand this, and looked for answers all over, but couldn't really. I'm lost at the beginning of the learning curve and can't find my way back. I use DDRC24. I stream directly from Qobuz in my notebook, then to the DDRC, then to amp (a hypex nc252), and to jbl arena120 and svs...
  5. T

DDRC-24 - Dirac Live on a budget?

Hi Abdo123, thanks for the ideas! One question: I only have one sub. If I do the time alignment through REW, with acoustic timing reference on (I use Umik-1), the result will be the same? I'm asking because my miniDsp hasn't arrived yet, so I can't check. You found out that through Dirac is the...
  6. T

Has Dirac given up on PC and Mac

I solved the issue here of working unexpectedly. I changed my DAC to 96khz 24bits, which is Dirac max, and did the same inside the Dirac Processor to match. It's working now!
  7. T

How do I do this please: Tidal on my windows 10 streamer pc to dx3 pro dac/preamp over usb to power amp, I want to integrate Dirac live with no new hw

One question on the subject: what about the MQA last unfolding, let's say, in a Gustard X16 DAC? Does it do it, Asio and all, when you select the Dirac virtual driver? I've been looking all around for that answer and coulnd't figure it out. It doesn't matter if MQA is or not a valid format, it's...
  8. T

They just answered: " Hello, I am not sure to well understand. Amplififier can make a noise from the inside due to AC EMI FILTER 50 or 60hz. This noise is not present to the speakers output. Is it this problem or an other one ? Is it possible to record the problem in video mode ? use the email...
  9. T

Interesting! I'll try that and will post here later.
  10. T

I'm in touch with audiophonics. Let's see how it goes...
  11. T

Thank you both, guys. @Matias, I see you are from Brazil. I'm from Ribeirão Preto. Do you still recommend the Ifi, or is there something else that works to be bought around here?
  12. T

They are connected to different outlets. But I took the sub off of my system and the hum remains. I don't have the third pin for ground here (I don't mean the XLR, but the sheer electrical connection to the outlet), so I use an adaptor - can that be the problem? And @Matias , I took all off...
  13. T

Thanks @toddverrone , I really apreciate your input. It's not the Y splitter, then. It still has the noise. I guess it's wrong grounding, but I wouldn't change anything, except if anybody has a video of how to do it properly. I'm not very handy at that. But I must say, except for the buzz, the...
  14. T

I also must add something: I didn't have the buzz problem before I connected the sub for the first time. I used a xlr splitter to send the signal from my little bear mc2 (a potentiometer, to split signal from my two sources) to amp and sub (a svs sb2000pro). From then on, the noise appeared and...
  15. T

I just bought a NC252mp from Audiophonics and I'm experiencing the same issue. It is a buzz that goes to speakers, but the same buzz is inside the amp. When I turn the amp off, sometimes the buzz keeps going without any power on. Sometimes it is perfect, dead silent. I thought it was my sub, so...
  16. T

Explain Preamp Gain to an Idiot

I have a similar issue. I use a built in phono preamp with my turntable, AT Lp120x. I use little bear, just a passive knob (reviewed here in ASR), and connect it to my audiophonics nc252mp. Is there a problem, except for the fact that I get a low volume (which is enough for me)? I have 8ohms...
Top Bottom