Search results

1. Schackmannen

Topping BC3 Review (Bluetooth Receiver) & BT CODECs

@amirm Is it possible to test LDAC in 32 bit mode? I don't expect it to make a difference, but I'm just curious. :)
  2. Schackmannen

Drop + THX Panda Review (headphone)

I have a pair of these and I honestly like them a lot. Previously I used a pair of Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC, but the biggest problem with them (and most wireless headphones I assume) is that they simply couldn't play loud enough. And I don't mean unable to play loud enough to cause hearing...
  3. Schackmannen

Understanding Audio Dynamic Range / SNR (Part 1)

I thought that for SNR tests the noise is measured with something like a -144 dBFS tone to prevent the DAC from muting its output and giving unrealistically low noise figures, is that not correct?
  4. Schackmannen

Audeze LCD-X Over Ear Open Back Headphone Review

@amirm For the dashboard, wouldn't it be better to display just THD without noise? Also what exactly is the gain figure measuring?
  5. Schackmannen

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

The same thing happens to my unit but I always use the remote to change the volume anyways so it doesn't botter me at all.
  6. Schackmannen

FS (Europe): Neumann KH80 (pair) and Genelec G2 (pair) - SOLD

I'm definitely interested then, but I will probably need to wait until I get my salary on tuesday. Hopefully they won't be gone by then :p
  7. Schackmannen

FS (Europe): Neumann KH80 (pair) and Genelec G2 (pair) - SOLD

Roughly how much would it cost to ship them to Sweden?
  8. Schackmannen

Verum , racist and vile please don't give him business.

Here's some info about it all
  9. Schackmannen

SMPS for Audio Applications

A smooth capacitor? :p
  10. Schackmannen

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

I leave it on because I like to watch the spectrum display sometimes :)
  11. Schackmannen

Soncoz LA-QXD1 Balanced DAC Review

@amirm Could you please do the multitone and THD+N vs Freq test?
  12. Schackmannen

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

@amirm Just to confirm, was the 50 mV SNR test done with the IEM port and not the 1/4-inch output? It's mostly academic, but the IEM output should have lower noise than what the AP can measure.
  13. Schackmannen

Maybe @MC_RME can shed some light on the issue?
  14. Schackmannen

[No Politics] What you need to know about CoVID-19 by SARS-CoV-2 [No Politics]

I don't know about you, but to me there is a huge difference between 1.3 million and 65000 deaths (factor 20 less). As to why it matters it's difficult to discuss without getting political.
  15. Schackmannen

If I remember corrctly I experienced something similar with my ADI-2 DAC connected to the balanced inputs of my THX 789. When the amp was on and the DAC was off (red ring) I could hear a buzz, but as soon as I turned on the DAC it disappeared. Not sure why it happened, but it wasn't an issue...
  16. Schackmannen

Jeff Rowland 535 Stereo Amplifier Review

It's been a while since I watched the video and don't have time to watch it again right now, but IIRC the guy, who worked for AP at the time (and is a member here but forgot his username), mostly talked about specs that are not properly stated are pretty much meaningless, like if an amp is...
  17. Schackmannen

New thread starter icon in the forum

I definitely agree, and it's quite subtle as well so I can't really see it being that distracting.
  18. Schackmannen

New thread starter icon in the forum

Wow, had no idea this existed, thanks a lot for mentioning it! The default style is quite bright and definitely puts a bit of a strain on the eyes in a dark room.
Top Bottom