Search results

1. TurbulentCalm

Audio Reviewer Becomes Distressed When his Blind Test Fails to Show Expensive USB Cable is the Best

This video is very sad. I was shaking my head as he wove his convoluted conclusion that the only reason he could not hear a difference during the tests was because blind testing in general must be seriously flawed, not because he found the expensive cable to be no better than a generic cable...
  2. TurbulentCalm

Trust your ears - Audioquest Dragonfly cobalt

Mine’s a small pipe organ, what’s yours?
  3. TurbulentCalm

Those of you who believe measurements aren't the whole story, do you have a hypothesis why that is?

Hate eating fish! But I love keeping a few as pets and they like a steady 26°C water temperature so I keep an eye on that with a thermometer. Now I really do have to get back to my rock. Cheers
  4. TurbulentCalm

Those of you who believe measurements aren't the whole story, do you have a hypothesis why that is?

I love these touchy technical audio threads. It’s like watching a school of starving fish at feeding time, everyone vigorously swimming in, eager to be the next to post their contributions to the subject, while at the same time trying not to get eaten by those holding contrary opinions, causing...
  5. TurbulentCalm

A New Cable Company - First Run Copper

Don’t laugh. The tyre industry tries to convince tyre owners that they must only use nitrogen gas to fill their tyres and when the tyres lose pressure and need to be topped up, they have to go back to a tyre company to get more nitrogen. Don’t tell these owners that the air they breath is almost...
  6. TurbulentCalm

hi res

True, but you can dip it in glitter.
  7. TurbulentCalm

DSD Vs. 1536kHz

There is another benefit you missed, vastly increased file sizes that help you fill you multi-terabyte storage devices faster.
  8. TurbulentCalm

Burson Audio Spend a Year Re-inventing the Switching Power Supply

And they made them have to plug directly into the wall. What a stupid idea given how huge they are.
  9. TurbulentCalm

Actually what I think Burson Audio is telling their valued customers is that they really crap at including simple power line filtering in their equipment and that the supplied power bricks are not really fit for purpose. But that’s ok just buy these new ones for every piece of Burson equipment...
  10. TurbulentCalm

I wish someone with money to burn would buy one of these and do a tear down. Would be interesting to see how much the internal components actually cost. I expect to see a huge markup on this power supply, even if it is using ultrasonic frequencies.
  11. TurbulentCalm

Oh and I forgot to mention it has a healthy price tag that just proves that it will satisfy the most critical Audiophile.
  12. TurbulentCalm

I think most members will get a kick out of this review of Burson Audio’s super high frequency switching power supply. Ticks all the boxes: creamy smooth - yet superbly detailed audio, capacitors under vastly less strain, darker sound when no audio is playing, noise floors reaching the...
  13. TurbulentCalm

Is anyone else getting messages like this?

ASR: Come for the measurements, stay for the spam!
  14. TurbulentCalm

Is anyone else getting messages like this?

You want to watch out for these girls, all they really want is to sell you high end interconnects and room treatments. Not worth the time, take it from me.
  15. TurbulentCalm

Electromagnetic Interference in Speaker Cables? (video)

Did you experience a vale being lifted when listing to music in that gym?
  16. TurbulentCalm

Electromagnetic Interference in Speaker Cables? (video)

You would want to make sure that nothing else was altered when he swaps the cables. (I’m guessing this was being done at a store) I’ve heard about cable salesman altering volume and other settings when changing cables, to gull listeners into believing the cables made a difference. Really it...
  17. TurbulentCalm

Tidal reportedly enabling bit-perfect playback to USB DAC on Android

Actually you are wrong with regards to iOS restricting USB DACs. I’ve have never encountered an issue with any iOS music Apps when playing through my USB DACs. This was why I was so surprised when I found this limitation in Android. I wonder if you are thinking of Apple’s 3.5mm Dongle DAC...
  18. TurbulentCalm

Tidal reportedly enabling bit-perfect playback to USB DAC on Android

After much disgust at the failure rate of Apple OTG dongles (something I have since solved) and the mistaken belief that Android devices where open and gave their users’ greater freedom in areas such as audio, I purchased a reasonable Android phone that claimed it had HiRes capabilities. Then I...
Top Bottom