Search results

1. Reynaldo

SMSL SU-X with 2x ES9039MSPRO

My opinion, due to the speed with which DACs are launched.
  2. Reynaldo

As I wrote previously, I had the SMSL VMV D1se2 and needed to return it to China. I wouldn't buy any DAC today with this new ESS chip. Not because it was a problem with the chip, but because they took advantage of previous projects to adapt to these new DACs.
  3. Reynaldo

I already had a problem with an SMSL VMV D1se2 which was difficult to return to China. I think these new DACs with this new ESS chip are not well designed. That's the problem with continually releasing products without proper testing. SMSL thinks users are beta testers.
  4. Reynaldo

I also had SMSL D1se2 and I found it very bad. The device came with a lot of bugs, I returned it after a week. I hope that in this new device SMSL has corrected these problems.
  5. Reynaldo

SMSL WMV D1se2 IR problem, anyone ?

I had this DAC and returned it because of numerous bugs and the quality that I didn't like. The first devices that came out with this new chip, it seems like the project was rushed to launch. They sent me FW to reinstall and it didn't solve the problem. I thought it best to return the device. I...
  6. Reynaldo

S.M.S.L PO100, PO100 PRO & PO100 AK - Measurements (Digital Interfaces & DAC)

I used the SMSL SD9 connected to the Gustard X16 via i2s. In mode 2 PCM works fine, but DSD files are output with inverted channels.
  7. Reynaldo

S.M.S.L PO100, PO100 PRO & PO100 AK - Measurements (Digital Interfaces & DAC)

I have SMSL PO100 PRO USB digital interface and the SMSL DO200 MKII DAC. I thought about connecting the PO100 to the Mac mini M2 and the i2s to the SMSL DO200 DAC. Would there be any quality gains?
  8. Reynaldo

SMSL DO200 MKII vs DO300?

I use a Musical Fidelity m6si and an iFi NEO iDSD DAC.
  9. Reynaldo

SMSL DO200 MKII vs DO300?

I still have the DO200MKll, which I'm not using, and I had the VMV D1se2 which is basically the same as the DO300. The difference is in the power supply. I consider the DO200MKll to be much better. VMV D1se2 has a series of bugs even after updating the FW. If you leave it on NOS it is impossible...
  10. Reynaldo

SMSL DO300 DAC Review

I found where it explains about the FW. https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/smsl-do300-dac-review.43780/post-1635738
  11. Reynaldo

SMSL DO300 DAC Review

From what I've read this FW only fixed a bluetooth problem. There is nothing regarding sound improvement and other problems. The impression is that it was a device released in a hurry, almost a copy of the SMSL SU9 Pro.
  12. Reynaldo

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

I have several iFi products and all with excellent quality. I already had the Zen One Signature and today I'm using the iFi Neo DAC. I already had several DACs, some are still here, but for my personal taste the iFi Neo DAC is the best. What I always ask myself is, if all DACs work the same...
  13. Reynaldo

SMSL D400ES DAC Review

Leaving it at +2db doesn't bring a distortion in the sound?
  14. Reynaldo

SMSL D400ES DAC Review

I'm using the iFi NEO but I'm going to leave the SMSL DO200 MKII in storage, as it turned out to be a great DAC and without any problems. It seems that DACs with the new ESS chip still need to improve.
  15. Reynaldo

SMSL D400ES DAC Review

The SMSL DO200 MKII from what I remember doesn't have the option of disabled filters. And changing the filters or the color of the sound presents no problem at all.
  16. Reynaldo

SMSL DO300 DAC Review

One doubt, in the SMSL DO300 leaving the volume fixed will the XLR have 5.2Vrms?
  17. Reynaldo

SMSL DO300 DAC Review

I have the SMSL DO200MKII and it works great. As you also have it, do you think there is any advantage in switching to SMSL DO300?
  18. Reynaldo

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

@Thorsten Loesch Just out of curiosity, is iFi still an English company or is everything designed or modified in China today? As for iFi Audio iPower X, it could be the X factor but I thought it got better.
Top Bottom