Search results

1. J

Manufacturers and dealers of acoustic treatment materials

Vicoustic - They have a team to provide pre-sales advise, might have to pay a fee, I did. https://vicoustic.com/project-request
  2. J

Okto dac8 stereo DAC Review

Yeah... I cancelled the order for the adapter and got a pair of pin-3 floating cables, very satisfy with the result.
  3. J

Hi, deleted my previous reply cause it was misleading. Had the local cable shop built a Pin3 floating cable, Neutrik XX XLR -> L-2T2S -> Neutrik Profi RCA Worked as intended, sonically acceptable to me for the purpose.
  4. J

Thanks! will give Neutrik NA2F-DOB-TX a try.
  5. J

Room Treatments in the Real World

Yeah.. it's a den/listening room under construction, nothing but concrete and dry wall when finished. Instead of covering the surfaces with soft material, I am considering just apply treatment as is.
  6. J

Room Treatments in the Real World

Just shared the below in another thread, never try room treatment before (vs. MiniDSP), this type of service might come free from solution vendor, something to consider and might save some time...
  7. J

Dedicated (almost/semi dedicated) listening room setup

Hi, want to share what I have been working on with the room treatment vendor, I paid for the service but many solution provider might do it for free. Something you can consider to cut out some guess work on room treatments.
  8. J

Designer's rendering of the room(ignore the main speaker shown), going with Vicoustic on the room treatments
  9. J

I am building something similar as your placement B(dimension in metric), it will be treated and using active DSP speakers.
  10. J

$30K Budget - On the quest for my "end game" speaker

So... was on the same quest about a year ago, make the story short, I end up with Grimm LS1. Just want to share my experience, don't want to stir up anything, did compared Kii/D&D...
  11. J

boXem Arthur 4222/E1 Amplifier Review

So glad to see this review, the best part was the review sample is in BoXem Orange:) here is mine(4215/E2)... Also the audio sense function is something I can't live without these days, such convenience…
  12. J

Beolab 28

I doubt it, the USB-Optical converion seems like extra step. Also, since you are using Roon, you can perform the Active Room Compensation in the 28s and should able to tweak the tonality with the PEQ in Roon to your liking.
  13. J

Beolab 28

I also looked into these, similar situation with Roon & analog source. For the Roon part, might just use it as ChromeCast and stream 96/24 to them, much easier that way.
  14. J

boXem ARTHUR 2408/N2 Review (Stereo Amplifier)

I for one loves the look of the Arthur, had some concern before it arrives, at the end the fit and finish was excellent.
  15. J

boXem ARTHUR 2408/N2 Review (Stereo Amplifier)

Oh Wow... this is the Han Solo edition!
  16. J

Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 Review (Streamer & DAC)

+1 on the screen brightness control
  17. J

Which pre built Purifi Amp sould I buy?

The Audio sense (automatic on/off switching) on boXem works great, soon as my DAC/Streamer starts play back, the amp will turn on. Had 3 different brands of DACs, no major issues on the audio sense.
  18. J

Modern streamer pre-amp help

Cambridge Audio CXN V2? seems to fit your wish list well, too bad CA product did not get too many review here...
  19. J

#372 and arrived yesterday, loaded RoPieee and working like a charm!
  20. J

Review and Measurements of Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier

The 4215/E2 in orange looks great and sounds amazing! Arthur is my main amp now, kindly disregard all non-ASR approved items u see.
Top Bottom