Search results

1. concorde1

Your Personal EQ's for Headphones 300USD+ (see formatting)

It might be interesting to compare people's personal EQ's for high end headphones (say ~300 USD and up). Formatting: If you want to participate, I'd suggest for clarity put the manufacturer/model in bold and then directly below put your Equalizer APO or equiv. file text. Formatting continued...
  2. concorde1

Music You Strongly Dislike (Just For Fun)

I agree. Like that popular Sound of Silence cover. Not enjoyable for me. Original better. Agreed.
  3. concorde1

The most iconic 80s movies

Scarface (1983 remake)
  4. concorde1

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

Best value: March Sointuva speakers - love these things Worst value: a now-sold Audio-GD DAC/amp combination unit Second worst value: some of my very expensive rare CD's (some around or nearing $100 mark) My DAC/amp stuff is great value, although it was a case of paying much more for...
  5. concorde1

AI and Future of Music Production

F*** AI. It has no place in any arts. We have brains so we should use them by performing music. Our point in living is largely putting effort into things to get better at them; expressing our human experience and limitations; the journey. Some people are only interested in the arts, should they...
  6. concorde1

My Neurochrome Modulus-686 Build

Amp is still going strong. When I first got my Sointuva's last year, I connected them and measured the voltage/current (ie wattage) output with an oscilloscope at various preamp volume levels. I put 2 stickers on my preamp where it aligns with wattage levels (100W and 200W) so that I don't...
  7. concorde1

Refreshing movies worth watching

Two 2007 films. No Country for Old Men was super tense and atmospheric. Almost no music is in it but it didn't need it. I'm glad I finally watched it. American Gangster was also great. 2018 film. Not my usual genre necessarily but Black**lansman was surprisingly good, from memory.
  8. concorde1

Worst Mixes in TV/Movies

A brilliant movie, "The Deer Hunter" (1978), but at least on streaming the sound was bright and muffled, just awful. I heard from someone the original audio was stretched, maybe to compensate for misalignment with the picture or something like that, which might explain it. I make no claim.
  9. concorde1

Refreshing movies worth watching

I found "The Old Man and the Gun" (2018) entertaining and humorous in a dark way. It has classy, understated music too. Maybe the most recent film since "The Departed" (2006) that I've actually enjoyed.
  10. concorde1

Topping D90 USB not detected

I may have a solution for you. I went half crazy trying to solve the same problem. I hope you still have the D90 ! The solution: 1. Plug into a USB2 port 2. AFTER THIS is connected, Reset the Topping D90 on the REAR POWER SWITCH So if anyone has "tried all their USB ports" - don't stop there...
  11. concorde1

Topping D90 USB Problem (previously worked fine)

OK - I finally fixed it. I tried a huge amount of things but the answer was much simpler. The solution: 1. Put it in a REAR USB2 (not 3) Port 2. Reset the Topping D90 on the REAR POWER SWITCH So if anyone has "tried all their USB ports" - don't stop there - try hard resetting the power on...
  12. concorde1

How did you discover music?

My parents' stereo would be on almost every morning when I was a kid. Often classical music or rock/folk. I liked when "No Quarter" was played off the live Led Zeppelin album "The Song Remains The Same". That was a favourite when I was 5 years old. I still love it. I discovered most of my...
  13. concorde1

I can hardly believe this. I got it working by turning off the BACK power switch and then on. I had previously been using the front switch only. Even a factory reset had not worked but this worked. Hopefully this helps someone in future. EDIT: It works on other computer, but not mine, after...
  14. concorde1

Show us your guitars!

Fender Stratocaster, and a custom acoustic
  15. concorde1

MiniDSP Flex HTx

If I configure DSP on this Flex HTx on Win10 for say L+R + 2 subs, will the unit remember the DSP when computer is running Linux, or does it need software driver running to constantly tell the unit how to do DSP? I suppose the unit can't be configured on Linux? Unless using something like the...
  16. concorde1

New March Audio Ukkonen Speaker

Not at all - I just don't want to buy subs along with a bass management DAC (MiniDSP Flex or Motu Ultralite MK5) that won't work on Linux. I really don't want to sell the Sointuva but, to get full range response, I think it would be smarter for me to upgrade to Ukkonen than to spend a fortune...
  17. concorde1

New March Audio Ukkonen Speaker

I'm awaiting the measurements before I consider selling my Sointuva's to get these.
  18. concorde1

A family member is a skilful electronics engineer who could look at it but would need to know beforehand what the problem is likely to be.
  19. concorde1

I just went to my Debian install and the D90 was not detected. Using lsusb nothing showed up either. I won't use Bluetooth any more as it has audio delay. Meantime I might bypass the D90 by using RCA from motherboard to A90. I'm going to replace D90 with MiniDSP Flex anyway. But I want to...
Top Bottom