Search results

1. edd9000

Munich Highend 2019

I was there on the Thursday, It's a great show. I found the Grimm and Kii a but underwhelming, but that is usually a good sign :)
  2. edd9000

Review and Measurements of Linn Akurate DSM DAC/Streamer

I got to try a Linn Majik DSM and the Majik Exaktbox to have a try of the active crossover in my system. It was very impressive.
  3. edd9000

Review and Measurements of Hypex NC400 DIY Amp

Icepower modules turn up on ebay. Minidsp sell a plate amp for active speakers with 2x125w https://www.minidsp.com/products/plate-amplifiers/pwr-ice125
  4. edd9000

edd9000's System

It does work, my soundcard is much better than the meter, but its not as cool :)
  5. edd9000

edd9000's System

In the attic with the Amiga.
  6. edd9000

Munich High End 2018

Always hard. Despite the price the Living Voice Olympians were a highlight, really great sound. The AvantgardeTrios with their subwoofer sounded very nice. Ascendo had some nice coax speakers playing. Most of the "normal" (low sensitivity) speakers were quite disappointing, over driven in...
  7. edd9000

Munich High End 2018

Sounded pretty much as they look ;) I do very much enjoy his blog though.
  8. edd9000

Munich High End 2018

Yes sorry, I sort of ignored the tapped horns as they will likely just be doing the sub bass, which sounded pretty good. The main horn also seemed to sound ok, its hard to tell if what I heard was the mid horn running too high or the tweeter horn being asked to go too low. I think it is still a...
  9. edd9000

Munich High End 2018

Showing promise, a bit rough/balance not quite to my liking. I feel they might be asking it a bit much as a two way, or perhaps the smaller horn could do with being a bit larger. Very minor gripes though, still an excellent sounding setup. It was also right after the Olympians which have a very...
  10. edd9000

Munich High End 2018

Tune Audio/Trafomatic Audio/Rockna APOLYT: This thing was crazy, air suspended and air bearing. ESD: Carbon fibre horns. That's about all I got round or took photos of. Fun show, recommended. The trip was really more about: With good friends :)
  11. edd9000

Munich High End 2018

No, not for sale, the GIP drivers are current production though. Well aware of JBL/Altec etc, heard various systems, certainly puts a lot to shame. They seem to make whatever they fancy, mostly new amplifiers using very rare original WE tubes. The horns and systems on display are usually...
  12. edd9000

Munich High End 2018

TechDas: Engstrom: They weren't running the Palladians unfortunately. Living Voice Olympian: These are stunning. Playing:
  13. edd9000

Munich High End 2018

Wadax/Fono Acoutica Avantguarde Speakers, Engstrom amplifiers. Enjoyed this. Think it was playing: Kondo: Thomas Mayer: 3D printed horns!
  14. edd9000

Munich High End 2018

Its original Western Electric horns and drivers, some GIP drivers. Basically a Korean Billionaires personal collection. Details of the monitors here: http://silbatoneacoustics.com/images/SGW24.pdf Predate Altec etc.
  15. edd9000

Munich High End 2018

Wilson Benesch/Trinnov: WOD Audio/Cessaro/Bergmann/Ypsilon Vandersteen/Brinkmann Vandersteens sounded very nice, bass was very well controlled, I believe it was active with some room correction applied.
  16. edd9000

Munich High End 2018

Magico: TAD: EMM Labs/Lansche
  17. edd9000

Munich High End 2018

Silbatone: Sublime :D
  18. edd9000

Munich High End 2018

Nagra: Playing:
  19. edd9000

Card carrying objectivists

There is a card? where do I get one?