Search results

1. J

Recommendations needed for a replacement for a miniDSP active crossover

Xilica Solaro QR1 and FR1 offer the same versatility as Q-Sys, and FIR capabilities and price are between MiniDSP and Q-Sys. For comparison of FIR capabilities, see FAQ 'processors' in https://www.loudspeakers.audio/en/faq/
  2. J

AirPods settings ?

I have an Iphone with AirPods Pro and I'm globally pleased with the sound quality and features but I'd like to share some remarks and questions : What I like : sound quality of Airpods Pro Apple advanced features : Spatialize Stereo, Head tracking, Personnalised Spatial Audio What I don't...
  3. J

Dr. Sean Olive on 35 Years of “Fast Car”

I've analysed a lot of musical tracks and "Fast Track" may be the one that shows the most extended and smooth frequency spectrum from 40Hz to 12kHz (despite a small peak near 9kHz).
  4. J

DRC Linear Phase

Hello, on loudspeakers.audio, you get min phase and lin phase corrections so you can easily listen and compare. Moreover, you'll get a target calculated and optimised for your speakers and room.
  5. J

The BEST rooms - looking for real world measurements

Hi, have a look at Igor's room here, mainly used for his professional recording use : measurements are well detailed.
  6. J

Stereo Sub Vs Dual Mono

it is MMM measurement averaged over 1 square meter approximatively.
  7. J

Stereo Sub Vs Dual Mono

Yes, it is 5 loudspeakers (10 channels) in 5 closed volumes DIY box for differents uses. If we define the speakers as A,B,C,D and E from left to right, C is used as center mid/tweeter and B and D as center bass for multichannel. We are planning future uses such as stereo dipole with B and D, or...
  8. J

Stereo Sub Vs Dual Mono

Following Griesinger's recommandations, we tried to place subwoofers (grouped front+left, back+right) so to excite different low frequency modes but keeping L+R summation relatively flat, see picture (L is blue, R is red, L+R is black)
  9. J

Stereo Sub Vs Dual Mono

In Igor's system, the subwoofers receive signals lower than about 75Hz
  10. J

Stereo Sub Vs Dual Mono

The loudspeakers below the TV screen has 5 coaxials bass/mid + tweeters same as the one in the Kef Q900
  11. J

Best Matrix Processor besides qsc core 110f? Replacement for Ashly Protea 24.24M

I've installed many Xilica Solaro in stereo or 5.1 (Solaro QR1) up to 32 channels immersiv setups (Solaro FR1) : the DSP is quite as versatile and configurable as QSC Core110f. Only its FIR capability is a bit less : 4096 taps per channel for Solaro against 8192 taps for Core110. But QR1 is less...
  12. J

The quest for my hyper speaker - Very Large room dilemma

I never had opportunity to compare side by side BlueHorn and Designer, so I cannot comment. But the Designer model with a competent EQ (IIR or FIR) is a superb solution, and much cheaper.... I also heard TAD in pro studios but I was more impressed by Designer's balanced timbre and dynamics...
  13. J

The quest for my hyper speaker - Very Large room dilemma

In Aliqaz's room, a pair of Meyer Acheron Designer with one or two Meyer subwoofers would be a very nice system, linear and (very) powerfull. No JBL (ie M2) can give you same levels without distortion (Meyer mid/hi is a 4 inches driver !)
  14. J

Which one is correct? 85 dB SPL or 83 dB SPL from Bob Katz Level Practices

Most explanations above seem to be a bit wrong. To be in conformity with SMPTE RP standards, the level at listening position for a front channel should be 85dBC when playing SMPTE-2095 pink noise with RMS value at -22dBFSD (Full Scale Digital). This SMPTE-2095 pink noise has a crest factor of...
  15. J

Sound engineer's monitoring and HiFi + HT system with active Yamaha NS-1000x, multi-subs and FIR QSys processor in a particular and treated room

POS did a simple toggle switch connected to QSC GPI input to change presets or other parameters manually. The QSC box is very different : it is an ABX switchbox with remote and display with statistics of right/wrong responses. Not a lot were built by QSC but by chance, I have one ;) I have used...
  16. J

Never Put Subwoofers In Corners... Even with DSP and Multi-Sub Setups?

In Igor'system, here is the topic, we use 4 SVS PC2000 subwoofers more or less in middle of walls. We did many comparisons with various positions, DBA, global or unitary EQ, etc... With the QSC processor and the GUI screen, it is very easy to switch each on/of subwoofer, compare EQs or...
  17. J

Sound engineer's monitoring and HiFi + HT system with active Yamaha NS-1000x, multi-subs and FIR QSys processor in a particular and treated room

In our case, from analog input to analog output and without FIR, the delay is near 3.17ms. With our 8192 taps FIR and uncentered FIR impulse, the total delay is 45ms.
  18. J

I had a look to your interesting methods. I'm using a signal similar to your single sines : it is 5 single sine burst with the middle of each sine separated to the next by a known number of samples. This gives following graphs. More explanations can be found in...
  19. J

Synchonisation clock : we use the QSys internal clock. It is the same for all DSP channels and I see not reason why there would be any drift between channels. The time alignement has been measured at listener place and aligned for all channels and speakers at 0.1ms (maybe 0.2ms for subwoofers...
Top Bottom