Search results

1. T

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

2/2/22 was my order date.
  2. T

That is all that is available at the moment. I also don’t think you can disable inputs. Hopefully they add that feature.
  3. T

FWIW, I just got my Flex balanced today, loaded with FW 1.23, plugin v1.21. Definitely still has IR learning capability. Reprogrammed it to my old Apple remote and everything is fine. Note, you can't learn/program the standby function.
  4. T

Apple lossless official announcement

I had the 15 second stop issue on Apple TV. Worked fine, one day it started so I disabled lossless and everything was fine. A few days later I turned lossless back on and the problem was gone. Definitely not a bandwidth issue on my end.
  5. T

FabFilter EQ Target

Hmm. So I haven't tried the match EQ function. I don't know how that would work (easily) not in a recording software environment. I put a Pro-Q in SoundSource on my Output (so it affects ALL audio on my Mac). I dial in my EQ - your window looks okay to me. I knock a few db off of the...
  6. T

FabFilter EQ Target

Got you. Sounds like you are trying the same thing I am doing. Not sure what is causing the problem, as plug-ins in SoundSource should be applied to any audio on that interface.
  7. T

FabFilter EQ Target

I use REW to calculate the EQ settings and then manually enter them into Pro-Q. Then run a measurement again. At that point I just tweak what is already in Pro-Q if it needs a touch up.
  8. T

FabFilter EQ Target

Why can’t you use Fabfilter with SoundSource? Then run your REW test and see what the results are. Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are asking. But the above is what I do - Pro-Q and REW. Make a measurement, tweak EQ according to REW, confirm with another measurement. All run through...
  9. T

Apple lossless official announcement

Apple TV and HDMI audio extractor should work.
  10. T

Apple's new M1 Mac Mini as source (misses out on silent operation)

Maybe things have changed, but I found music on an external SSD (Samsung T5) works better than on a NAS. Ultimately way less hassle for a variety of reasons.
  11. T

Scratching my head - getting Apple music to HiFi

Ahh I see. It appears that Apple Music is streaming lossless to me now, but I don’t know what happens if I then Airplay it.
  12. T

Scratching my head - getting Apple music to HiFi

Maybe I’m misunderstanding what you are saying, but Airplay is usually or always ALAC.
  13. T

Optimal sound path for TV's optical out?

Cool. While the noise floor difference is striking, it's still pretty good (I think :) ). I know my TV (Sony) gives the option of changing the volume level on the digital output when it is set to PCM, so it's obviously doing something.
  14. T

When did you decide to study STEM major in university? Tips for my daughter?

She will figure it out and college is the perfect place for it. Sounds like she enjoys challenges. Maybe physics will interest her, maybe math, maybe neuroscience, maybe literature :) I'm personally glad I did not get engineering degrees (nothing wrong with them!) as they would not have...
  15. T

Optimal sound path for TV's optical out?

Can the X16 hook into the sub via RCA? I've run two channel systems for years with a sub by using a DAC that has both XLR and RCA outputs. Volume is controlled from the DAC. Both my DACS have balanced + unbalanced outputs and a volume knob. The TV should have a setting to send just stereo out...
  16. T

Topping E30 DAC Review

Personal advice... Set your sampling rate at 96/24 or 192/24 in AudioMidi (or Sound Source) and just don't worry about it. I actually find it distracting when the DAC switches sampling rates. I don't even follow my own advice and just run at 44.1/24 as that is the sampling rate the bulk of my...
  17. T

Conversation: Possible “UMIK” rental service, please read.

FWIW, I ordered a UMIK-1 direct from MiniDSP in March and it was $97 with shipping and everything. Looks like they have since raised the price $4. I'd personally just buy one, but I'd definitely recommend looking into typical pricing for rentals to determine your pricing. If I had to guess...
  18. T

Apple's new M1 Mac Mini as source (misses out on silent operation)

My non-M1 mini usually hovers around 40-50W when using (streaming, web, etc) and much less when it is just sitting there. I don't have it go to sleep, but it clearly goes into a lower power mode after a period of no use, because I see some of the USB peripherals go into standby.
  19. T

How do you sort (organise) your CDs, LPs, K7s, Tapes; physical medias

All mine (CDs) are in boxes in a closet. Don't think I've listened to an actual CD since about 2013, and only then, in the car.
Top Bottom