Search results

1. A

Hifiman HE-6 Review (Headphone)

Thank you so much @amirm for the review of this gem. I recently bought the SE version, which is supposed to be the same headphone with slightly different package. I am also greatly impressed and cannot compare with anything else I have (Focal Elegia, Senn HD6XX, Audeze EL-8, etc.) The only thing...
  2. A

Review and Measurements of DarkVoice 336SE Headphone Amp

I would really like to see the measurements with upgraded tubes. I am currently using tung sol 6SN7. I think the quality has improved, at the cost of hum though. After few days its still there. I have not done constant 48-72 hour burn in yet, may do it later. From the thread on drop.com, I am...
  3. A

Monolith by Monoprice Liquid Platinum Balanced DAC by Alex Cavalli (AKM4499)

Don't know if its released. It shows out of stock :rolleyes:
  4. A

My time with the Aune S7 Pro

I recently bought this amp. I already had THX 789. I have stopped using it after listening to S7 pro. It is an absolutely awesome amp. Would really love to see @amirm do full review of this. Currently pairing it with SMSL M500 as my endgame setup. @amirm, I am open to loaning my unit for your...
  5. A

Review and Measurements of Emotiva XMC-1 Gen 2 Pre/Pro

Great review @amirm as usual. I have always wondered about the low audio quality from these high end surround processors and receivers. I have the earlier version from Emotiva. It improves the sound quality by a generation comapared to the default one from Denon's flagship receiver. But still...
  6. A

Topping DX7 Pro DAC and Headphone Amp Reviewed

I have ordered Aune S6 from Drop warehouse. They had some crazy sale where S6 and S7 combo was for $300. @amirm has not reviewed this here, but have heard a lot of good things about this. Looking forward to seeing how it works.
  7. A

Topping DX7 Pro DAC and Headphone Amp Reviewed

Hey @amirm , just sold my D50 (original version). Could not keep it after seeing those gross plots of ESS hump :). Just could not make peace with it, even if I knew I am not going to be able to sense the difference audibly. Now, I am in real dilemma, whether to buy the D50S or DX7 Pro or just go...
  8. A

Topping DX7 Pro

I don’t understand this comparison. Just looking at products from Topping, ES9038 products are close in price to AK4497 products with AKM products actually more expensive. The AK4499 based will be even more so. What’s the basis of this price difference?
  9. A

Topping DX7 Pro

How much would be the difference between DX7S and pro? Presumably only the removal of ESS hump?
  10. A

ESS THD ‘Hump’ Investigation

Hm.. thought so. I am reaching out to Topping, if they could help with upgrade with reasonable difference. It's hard to sell these niche products.
  11. A

ESS THD ‘Hump’ Investigation

Anyway to fix the hump in the old D50 (non S) version? :oops:. I was so happy with with my D50 and THX AAA setup before reading this thread :(
  12. A

New Xduoo XD-05 Plus

Waiting for detailed review :), what say @amirm ?
  13. A

Review and Measurements of Audio-gd R2R11 DAC & Amp

Another fantastic review @amirm !! The listening impressions really raise some fundamental questions about our measurement of quantitative error v/s perception of noise by our ears. Also, hearing is so subjective due to inability to really doing A/B. As we cannot pause audio like we can a movie...
  14. A

Review and Measurements of DarkVoice 336SE Headphone Amp

Amazing review!! I have Darkvoice, THX AAA 789 and Audio-GD NFB 11.28 (non-performance edition). I totally resonate with your observations, though, I could not have come up with them myself without testing that you do :). HD 6XX pairs rather well with Darkvoice, but most planar magnetic ones...
  15. A

Do you need linear power supply for DACs?

May the D50 rest in peace!! I am powering it with an apple iPad charger and I think I am going to continue doing it :). Very good analysis that I was waiting for a long time.
  16. A

New SMSL M300

There was nothing about the sound quality etc. in the review.. he is getting worse these days.
  17. A

Portable AK DAC Recommendations?

D3 is great, but can’t be compared to XD or MX4 as it cannot be used with mobile devices. It’s strictly PC based device.
  18. A

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

Headphones is definitely the one. Currently I am kind of maxed out at $600 range with Hifiman HE560 and Audeze EL8. Want to buy the perfect closed back headphones. Any recommendations??
  19. A

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

I did buy it and boy am I a happy listener. I feel a kind of empty now, my quest to find the perfect amp just ended :(
  20. A

HiFi Music

Could not agree more. The home page on Tidal is so useless. But they do have quite unbelievable content, if you search. Also, there seems to be something here for @amirm :). Can you look into this watermarking, if this is real and how deep is this problem?
Top Bottom