Search results

1. Jbrunwa

Measuring your own electronics

Ok, I have basic analog electronics theory having been a ham radio operator some years ago, some experience with Room EQ Wizard measuring speakers, a Fluke multimeter, and a Focusrite Scarlett interface. Can someone point me to any tutorials on measuring preamps and AVRs, or is it as simple as...
  2. Jbrunwa

Product reliability and support surveys

I wish there was a way to collect quantifiable data on product stability and reliability on ASR in addition to audio performance measurements. Wondering if it would be possible to have a tabulated product survey where members could somehow enter how long they owed a product, whether their gear...
  3. Jbrunwa

Revel speaker wire gauge recommendations

Ok, per this I should run 9 gauge wire to my surround speakers as it will likely be a little over 34 ft run. Has anyone measured the actual sound degradation of using smaller gauge wire? I suppose I could do this with REW of expected length with some spare wire.
  4. Jbrunwa

Atmos and production quality of home movie releases in general

I have been planning a 6 speaker Atmos upgrade and am having second thoughts after watching this anecdotal review of the poor quality of Atmos sound engineering of home releases of several popular movies. I know that I have been disappointed with blu-ray disc purchases, where conversion to...
  5. Jbrunwa

Cross firing speakers

I saw a brief mention of cross firing speakers in the Trinnov HT guide - aiming right front a little to left and aiming left front a little right to widen the listening position. I was wondering if anyone uses this in their stereo or home theater space?
  6. Jbrunwa

Dolby height speakers for room with high ceiling

We are interested in adding Dolby height speakers but our room has has a flat 18 ft high ceiling and is open on one side. We could mount angled down 2 or 3 height speakers on the front and 2 on back wall. Would like to hear what others with high ceilings are using and/or recommendations. Our...
  7. Jbrunwa

Post-correction measurements

Inquiring mind wants to know why Dirac Live and Audyssey do not provide a built-in way to measure post-correction results?
  8. Jbrunwa

Speaker spikes

Our new Revel F328Be speakers sound fantastic. My only complaint is the speaker spikes. Having to lay the 110 pound speakers on their side to adjust the spike length and repositioning over and over to try to eliminate the speaker wobble is a PITA. We have upgraded carpet padding and the provided...
  9. Jbrunwa

Will an amp upgrade make an audible difference?

Ok, I now have my dream LCR speakers: Revel F328Be x 2 and C426 and they sound fantastic. I have an Emotiva XMC-2 processor and a 12 year old B&K Reference 200.5 amp. The B&K is a high current amp with class A predriver, AB MOSFET outputs 5 x 200W @ 8 ohms, 350W @ 4 ohms, 95 dB SN, .09% THD...
  10. Jbrunwa

Delivery day!

My end game LCR speakers have been delivered. i wonder where I’m going to store the cases
  11. Jbrunwa

Question about Revel speaker scores

Can someone explain why the smaller Revel speakers outscore larger, more expensive models? For example, the M105 scores 5.9 and 8.2, the M106 scores 5.8 and 8.0, the F208 scores 6.1 and 8.2, the top of the line F328be scores 5.5 and 7.7? It's hard to believe that $750 speakers outscore $8,000...
  12. Jbrunwa

Amplifier channel placement

I listen to about 50% music using only L/R and 50% movies. I just noticed that the right side of the amp is warmer than the left. I have always connected my speakers to the back of my amp as follows: Channel 1 - Right Channel 2 - Left Channel 3 - Center Channel 4 - Right Surround Channel 5 -...
  13. Jbrunwa

No wonder why it didn’t sound right

After pulling my hair out to tune my system to eliminate a hollow midrange sound almost like reverb that I recently have been noticing in my system, I discovered that the TV had recently reverted to sending audio output to its speakers. That’s the sound I was hearing.
  14. Jbrunwa

Potentially stupid questions about Audyssey and target curves

Ok, I've tried to read a lot and watch videos about Audyssey room correction. There are still some things I don't understand about Multi EQ and Audyssey and I hope that someone more knowledgeable can explain. If the answer is read RTFM, and there is such a thing that I just haven't come across...
  15. Jbrunwa

4K video with 5.1 audio

I’m in the market for a new pre-pro. I have a B&K Reference 200.5 amp and 5.1 setup with ACI speakers, Triad subwoofer amp and ACI Maestro subwoofer, Arcam FMJ DV29, and Sony UBP-X800. My previous pre-pro was a B&K Reference 50v2. Im totally satisfied with my speaker setup and have no interest...
Top Bottom