Search results

1. Jazz

Media player for Mac

iTunes is pretty much not the same anymore (good or bad). It is now more referenced in regard to it being your collection of purchased or ripped music. Apple Music has taken on the role of playing back that library now. Although, iTunes Remote app on iOS will do same for home network only...
  2. Jazz

Yamaha RX-V6A 7.2 channel 4K / 8K Dolby AV Receiver Review

Yamaha has updated this (and identical TSR-700) with firmware a few times since it came out, as well as a board replacement for some 8K issues related mostly to gaming. I got mine new but with the new board from factory ( * in firmware screen confirms updated). I don't game and actually, turned...
  3. Jazz

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

If only the Yamaha was a bit lower, and my furnace did not break with a $2100 bill last week. I'd been looking at the Yamaha though… How does the Fosi work? I see no remote and no preamp. If I am sending line level into it, do we have to be cavemen and stand up for volume control? I'll be...
  4. Jazz

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

I'm looking for an amp (not AVR not reciever) to drive magnepan mmg (original model). I am looking for around 100 watt 8 ohm for each. A little less is OK. A little more is better. They are 4 ohm speakers. The problem is my budget is well under $300. Any ideas?
  5. Jazz

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

This is just like what many college students had. Including me. Mine was a Kenwood with some big Kenwood speakers, an Akai tape deck and a Technics linear turntable (still have it). For the Yamaha, just add some decent ELAC or even Yamaha bookshelf speakers, an SMSL su-1 DAC, and a WiiM mini and...
  6. Jazz

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

Confirming iOS device powered by Apple Lightning to USB 3 camera adaptor to SU-1 via USB works great using cable that came with SU-1. Used an Apple 12W USB power adaptor. 24/192 et al on Apple Music but, other apps and current powered USB camera adaptor from Apple should work great via wire...
  7. Jazz

Mine has had no audio issues this first month running from Airport Express v2 with firmware set to Airplay 1 using Toslink. I covered annoying light with black tape. On Schiit Modi light house beacon bright LED I used auto window tint film. But the blinking is the problem with SMSL. I do wish it...
  8. Jazz

New SMSL C-100 DAC

Did you send a bug report to Apple? They read and fix things like this. https://www.apple.com/feedback/macos.html
  9. Jazz

FiiO Taishan D03K DAC measurements

Is that the silver RCA unit?
  10. Jazz

I relented, and decided to ignore the MQA since, I never use it (and all audio gear eventually ends up partially or fully fossilized anyway with defunct gadgetry!) and bought one on sale. It takes CD transports and lossless streaming to the next level. SMSL and AKM engineers and product leads...
  11. Jazz

Black electrical tape. Harbor Freight has it cheap. If you have a hole punch, pop out a perfect circle. I just cut a little square. I can’t imagine what caused the engineer to think users need to see a perpetual blinking light! Even for a dead signal. The lack of sound is the signal.
  12. Jazz

AKM AK4493 vs. AKM 4493S

https://velvetsound.akm.com/us/en/stories/inside/ak4493s-ak4490r-developer-interview/
  13. Jazz

Apple Music LosslessSwitcher app for Mac

I am now using latest version late 2023 and, it works much better. I think it is worth getting latest build and installing. On M1 mini, latest macOS version.
  14. Jazz

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

- The art on the cover. - A desire to own a thing. Some buy records of favs and do not own a record player! - The notion that analog is better than digital CD because of a misinterpretation of a badly chosen engineering graph of stair step digital as missing information. Nope. - Follow the...
  15. Jazz

There is a new Eve Airplay device coming out.

Here is more info on the Eve Play. https://www.evehome.com/en/eve-play
  16. Jazz

What Apple Airport do I need for Streaming Apple Music?

These fail. Avoid. Get the counter top Express v2. Has decent AKM DAC too for when using 3.5 AUX. You can revert to older Airplay 1 firmware with v2 too. If you must.
  17. Jazz

WiiM Pro - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

Do the WiiMs work with HomeKit? I just noticed that the Belkin Soundform Connect does. Which means voice control and other integrations with HomeKit.
  18. Jazz

New Belkin Airplay 2 device

Belkin Soundform Connect Airplay reciever for Music for older stereos and amps has a code for 35% off – they show on the page for it – that knocks the price to $65. Free ground shipping. Normally this device is overpriced for what it does. This brings it to about what its normal price should be...
  19. Jazz

Better power cord?

The current power cord on two of my overpriced powered speakers is just a typical junky one that is too stiff. But is the standard figure 8 type of plug in the back of the speaker. Is there a better braided, more flexible, with the figure 8 plug out there? Monoprice and Amazon do not sell these...
  20. Jazz

Yamaha’s supply chain is back to normal now

I spoke to a senior Yamaha USA tech today and he said all the products that had stalled out due to supply chain issues are again being made and stock is good in the USA. MusicCast stuff comes to mind.
Top Bottom