Search results

1. D

Finally arrived - Gustard X16 DAC and Topping A90 headphone amp

The long wait is finally over. New Gustard X16 DAC and Topping A90 headphone amp arrived today from ShenzhenAudio in China. Glad to know that the balanced headphone cable from Audiophile Ninja works (had no easy way of testing it before now). So far so good. Not much to say that hasn't...
  2. D

Requesting Balanced Headphone Stack Ideas: Schiit Modius/Magnius stack backorder pushed to April 22nd :(

For whatever reason, Schiit keeps pushing back the ship by date on the Modius/Magnius stack that I ordered almost a month ago. I don't want to wait another month. What other fully balanced DAC/amp stacks are available for around $400? I already have balanced interconnects for separates, and...
  3. D

Stick with Schiit Magnius for single ended headphones or get Schiit Heresy?

I've posted elsewhere about my new Hifiman Sundara cans, which I really like. I have balanced 3.5mm to 4 pin XLR cable for them, and waiting for Schiit Modius/Magnius stack (they are on backorder until the 31st). I also was able to procure a pair of AKG K712 headphones. Unfortunately, these are...
  4. D

Anyone else use rtings as part of researching headphones?

Last week I finally got fed up with the just overall meh sound of my Sony WH-1000XM3 ANC headphones. They are comfortable, have excellent ANC, and are good for Zoom calls, but the sound when listening to music is just muddy and underwhelming. So I started doing research. I follow Sean Olive a...
Top Bottom