Search results

1. Marc v E

Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier Review

https://caganer.com/en/pink-panther-625
  2. Marc v E

What's Left In Speaker Design To Reduce Distortion/Increase Detail Retrieval?

I'm sure there's room beyond speakers like the Genelec 8351/8361 and the speakers you heard in terms of sinad. However in term of real world improvements, ie those that we can hear, I'm more inclined to say it's in the quality of recordings and multiple speakers for exact placement of...
  3. Marc v E

What does it take to succesfully transition to a green energy economy?

A post by Herbert Diess, the former CEO of vw about the surprising number of electric buses in Nigeria: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7061466407770685440?updateEntityUrn=urn%3Ali%3Afs_feedUpdate%3A%28V2%2Curn%3Ali%3Aactivity%3A7061466407770685440%29 He thinks Afrika will...
  4. Marc v E

A factory tour of a battery production facility from Amprius. Their battery contains 375 Wh per kg and can be charged to 80% in 6 minutes.
  5. Marc v E

I agree. It very much depends on if the surplus is bought by the local utility for a fair price. In fact, this is what kickstarted the solar panel revolution in Germany. I agree again. Ford is showing courage though by changing their business and openly sharing the associated costs of ramping...
  6. Marc v E

Good. I like wine. We are a very densily populated country. Sadly, for good wine you have to travel 1000 kms south or contend with white wine. The upshot of our country is that we have a relatively long coastline and a steady supply of wind. I wouldn't mind more sun, but that's how it is.
  7. Marc v E

To put things into perspective: The Netherlands is a quarter if the size of the state of New York. I'm not sure for countries with a long coastline if it even is financially feasible.
  8. Marc v E

Zero-emission vehicles, their batteries & subsidies/rebates for them.- No politics regarding the subsidies!

It's not that clear to me what the benefit of solid state is over, say, a current li-ion battery with 500 wh per kilogram. I'm hearing much about solid state, but meanwhile lithium batteries get so much better that I sometimes wonder which will come first: solid state batteries or ordinary...
  9. Marc v E

New York state will require that all state owned buildings will receive 100% renewable energy by 2030 from the New York Power Authority. This measure will also help shift utilities away from private companies to make them publicly owned. It's basically phasing out 6 gas peaker plants. One...
  10. Marc v E

Actually Europe produces a lot of goods in China. The associated emissions are counted as China's, but in reality certainly a part of it could be attributed to EU needs. I suspect the same could be said for the US, for iphones production for example...
  11. Marc v E

Crapware

The same thing happened to me. My wife's laptop was an Asus. Now she has a mac.
  12. Marc v E

Zero-emission vehicles, their batteries & subsidies/rebates for them.- No politics regarding the subsidies!

According to what I learned from watching Munro, an ev is more akin to a computer on wheels than an ice car. I'm not surprised at all by this news abour layoffs. In fact I'm pretty sure Ford divided its company into 2 entities, one for ice manufacturing, one for evs to make rapid and necessary...
  13. Marc v E

Well, it's a nice reason, but I don't know. I see people take bad decisions even in timeframes of 10 years, even 5, some even 2 or 1. Seems just a lack of understanding to me. That there are so many, doesn't make it proof of an advantage in evolutionary terms imo. Rather an attribute to modern...
  14. Marc v E

I think it's very interesting how little notion we as humans give to long term survival. And strange too. Given that we seem to have trouble to maintain a technological advanced society for 150 years, and max a millenium in the past, 5 billion years seems to be a long stretch.
  15. Marc v E

Good news on the reusability of windmill blades after they are end of life. Tech institute TNO has developed 2 ways of recycling: chemical treatment of the compound (usually glasfiber) or heating it until the fibers can be seperated from the resin. Both methods result in small beads that can...
  16. Marc v E

A group of experts advised the Dutch government to focus on cleaning up the grid electricity by windmills mainly. They advice against the generous use of Hydrogen because of the huge losses in energy. They also advice against building new nuclear power stations as it's unsure if they would be...
  17. Marc v E

Why do humans like jazz?

It's probably a bell curve... Or an exponential that doesn't start at 0.
  18. Marc v E

Why do humans like jazz?

It's complicated. I like golf but I never play it.
  19. Marc v E

Why do humans like jazz?

There's probably a graph somewhere on the internet that shows the relation between getting older and liking jazz. When I was young I truly hated it. As I get older I only despise it now. Give me a few years and I'll begin to like it.
Top Bottom