Search results

1. 2

Full size Headphones vs IEM's, Bass distortion levels

Been noticed this trend 98% of IEM's seem to push 0.5% at 100db wither BA or dynamic based. But meanwhile dynamic headphones seem to average 2 ~ 8% at 100db.
  2. 2

Autistic people are three times more likely to have hallucinations

Found this while doing some googling while back. Seem's like the Autism community doesn't like being told that Autism was actually treated as a schizophrenic sub type in the 70s ~ 80s. https://theconversation.com/autistic-people-are-three-times-more-likely-to-have-hallucinations-77337
  3. 2

The Bass speed term?

The way I see It I don't call speed, I call I see It as how fast can a driver rest after a bass note. In IEM's I've noticed after trying the ER2SE then going back to the ER4SR. In Bassy metal/electro songs the ER2SE has this odd moment where the bass note still plays longer than normal, Giving...
  4. 2

Musepack vs other codecs

With how in 2021 DAP's(Fiio m6) and Iphone/smartphone have 3rd party music apps. It is shocking at how this format based on MP2/subband can be transparent at 160kbps VBR with no killer samples, It even beats many MDCT codecs on Noise/Electronic/Harsh classical(In Slaughter Natives) at a average...
  5. 2

MP3 & It's limition workarounds?

Been messing around with a beta Lame 3.99 encoder after finding out about the --allshort switch. I have no idea why it not used in the finalised encoders since with 256kbps CBR with Allshort on Eig.wav goes from having pre echo artifacts to being fully transparent?. Turns out that switch forces...
  6. 2

Planar vs Balanced armature?

Rather ask here since another forum get's hostile at this question. But I'm I the only one that doesn't see the point in Planar In ear's when many BA based ones can sound either the same or better?. Sure the ER4 performs worse THD wise but even then It still sounded much better than my ER2XR in...
Top Bottom