Search results

1. StuartC

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Rugby, UK. Birthplace of The One True form of Football.
  2. StuartC

Hifi News Show - Ascot London 2023

I went yesterday, there were quite a lot of people attending, but not so many that it felt crowded. Access to various rooms was good as a result. Plenty of decent stuff on display. Having visited every room and listened in all of them, the standouts for me were: - KEF Blade 2s being run off a...
  3. StuartC

Monitor Audio Bronze BR & BX speakers for sale (UPDATED)

1 pair Bronze BR1 in Black Oak - £90, great condition 1 pair Bronze BX1 in Rosemah - £100, small chip on top edge of one speaker, otherwise excellent condition 1 pair Bronze BXFX in Rosemah - £120, excellent condition 1 Bronze BX Centre in Black Oak - £100, great condition All boxed. Selling as...
  4. StuartC

The Wheel of Time TV series

Agreed, I won't be giving this travesty any more of my time after the hash they made of season one
  5. StuartC

Little Bear MC3 XLR & RCA Switch Review

Depends on the design as to how effective it is surely? If it pops or crackles whilst changing input/output it will not be as effective
  6. StuartC

Little Bear MC3 XLR & RCA Switch Review

Snap. I use one for switching between my DAC (XLR out) and AVR (RCA out) into my Neumann active speakers (XLR in). The feel of the rotary is direct with very positive detent during selection. Ground loops are evident but can be handled by the speaker setting switches. if anyone knows of an...
  7. StuartC

Topping LA90 Discrete Amplifier Review

Quite frankly, stunning performance. It makes One wonder what the establishment has been doing all these years....other than sitting on their laurels of course.
  8. StuartC

Any network or Wi-Fi experts here?

It's threads like this that show how great Internet forums can be. OP has an issue and everyone piles in to fix it with no barbed comments or vitriol in sight. Keep up the good work people.
  9. StuartC

Refreshing movies worth watching

The Father with Anthony Hopkins. Brilliant film about dementia through the eyes of a man suffering from it.
  10. StuartC

Hot (or cold) Christmas drink, what do you drink in your country?

I guess traditional in the UK would be mulled wine or mulled cider (I have bottles of both ready to go), but I also have bottles of fizz, red, white, rosé, Perry, cider, beer and even some dessert wine for when the time is right.
  11. StuartC

Marantz NR1510 AVR Review

@amirm divide and concur, or divide and conquer?
  12. StuartC

2022 World Cup - Qatar

I wonder how many will be demolished in the coming months. I can't see them getting used for anything after this event
  13. StuartC

Do I really need 3 remotes to watch TV.

I had the sofabaton, and it worked OK, but the buttons were heavy and clicky and started to lose responsiveness after 18 months. I then bought a logitech elite with hub secondhand from ebay. Much better. And I can link it to various other IOT systems. So it controls my TV, AVR, 2 satellite...
  14. StuartC

Combined Streamer & DAC suggestions?

Stream 3 looks interesting. And reading one of the other threads with the designer commenting, it looks like they know what they're up to. Also, the SHD thread has put me off the minidsp...
  15. StuartC

Combined Streamer & DAC suggestions?

I think I'm just going to wait until the whole chip shortage thing sorts itself out, and then stump up the cash for a minidsp SHD.
  16. StuartC

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

so out of curiosity I just went to the Review Index and filtered by DAC and viewed the last 50 by date (most recent entry as of today was 16th Aug). 18 of the last 50 DACs are either Topping or SMSL (Loxjie and Sabaj included). Now I'm as happy to see 120db SINAD numbers as the next person...
  17. StuartC

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

Oh I understand that completely, and ensuring that your new components perform as well/better than previous ones is a valid task. What I'm pointing out is the fallacy of chasing better performance when it's totally inaudible to the consumer. We do it in Automotive Engineering. we could make...
  18. StuartC

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

....but do they really? If everything Amir is measuring is inaudible then attempts to improve beyond that are just unnecessary expenditure in terms of time, finance and resources. It's just vastly diminishing returns now. I would humbly propose that the number of DACs from the likes of Topping...
  19. StuartC

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

Are there any better analysers available? Or is yours the state of the art?
  20. StuartC

ASR Forum Member Tag/Title Descriptions

and don't forget when they ask for red lines, but will only pay for blue pens.....
Top Bottom