Search results

1. Gadget Goober

Please kindly see my HD-6XX graph - accurate enough from my Mini-DSP EARS?

That's a VERY fair statement, and totally in line with what I'm trying to achieve, so thank you! I have well over 120 sets of cans, and just popping them on there and seeing what comes out is fun enough, you're right. And really, I'm not looking for super accuracy, because I know the EARS can't...
  2. Gadget Goober

Please kindly see my HD-6XX graph - accurate enough from my Mini-DSP EARS?

Hello folks, upon advice from the obviously knowledgeable Solderdude and others, I've now tested a well known set of cans, the 6XX, instead of my AKG K240df (very little in the way of graphs for those), and changed my compensation to the ones provided by SBAF. I'm just attempting to ensure my...
  3. Gadget Goober

Just moved and finally can have a headphone listening room. Pics of my insanity inside.

You know, that's a great idea. Thank you... in fact, I have one. I'll have to unscrew all the hooks but it may be worth it!
  4. Gadget Goober

Newbie question about Amp/Dac + Headphone combo

For what it's worth, I've gone through many "budget" setups for friends of mine, and I find for the price, it's hard to beat a Fiio M7 or M11 DAP/DAC, A Loxjie P20 Balanced Amp (Or Magni, mine went up in smoke and died within 2 weeks, I have it on video! defective... / or Magnius, if you wanna...
  5. Gadget Goober

Just moved and finally can have a headphone listening room. Pics of my insanity inside.

That's awesome, I gotta look into that! Currently, I have several amps, a couple Schiiits (Magnius and Magni), a Loxjie P20, and I have a Behringer MiniAMP and MiniFBQ hooked together for the listening room. The MiniAmp has 4 outputs, which is nice. I'll take a peek and see what the Sennheiser...
  6. Gadget Goober

Lol! They reminded me of Pac-Man, which is why I picked them up. Surprisingly great shape, almost new, even have the plastic carry case (also yellow). They are uncomfortable as all hell... It's a Soundlite HR-6 AM radio headset, but I've removed the guts and replaced it with a small 1w bluetooth...
  7. Gadget Goober

Dude! Bless you. I will certainly go for that headband
  8. Gadget Goober

Agreed. And also in line of sight when I enter in. They're awesome cans, one of the best acquisitions for price I've had so far. Cheers man . These are another that I needed to go balanced/ 4.4 pentaconn with, I just cut the end off the stock plug and soldered on a 4.4... I take them out every...
  9. Gadget Goober

Balanced connection for domestic audio: does it make sense?

For me, it's the ability to listen with my higher impedance cans at a more enjoyable volume on my portable devices, mostly... nothing more or less. The possibility of up to twice the voltage slew rate and 4x power is the main driving force, even on my Schiit Magnius. The runs are short, so I'm...
  10. Gadget Goober

Yes, sure is, great eye! I have two pairs - one came with matching microphones and is still in plastic wrap. Was bought from White's auto parts stores, and came in a kit with a crappy turntable too, from what I've read. I have crazy and unreasonable DIY plans for those, which is why I bought...
  11. Gadget Goober

OMG, nice eye, man! Yes, Blon BL30's, and I'm so glad you posted that pic - I had HELL trying to get these bent to my ears on arrival. Seems like everyone had that issue. I've been putting 70mm paper cone drivers in my blown vintage cans for ages. So when Blon said they had the first...
  12. Gadget Goober

I guess aesthetically, I have my most favorite ones in line of sight as I walk in the room. Although I love them all lol. How about this: I organized them cognitively, and tried to group the colors, but didn't have a particular methodology, if that makes sense. Considered going by era, but it...
  13. Gadget Goober

Respect! It really IS a FUN headphone. Just... exciting to listen to, really. Can't choose between the portapro and the KPH for portable.
  14. Gadget Goober

My apologies, I just saw the "kit we own" sticky - I didn't fully grasp the title's meaning and didn't realize it was sticky til my post appeared below it, I thought it was a personal post, not an invite to post there. Please feel free to delete or move my post there if needed... I'm very sorry.
  15. Gadget Goober

No, the wife hasn't divorced me... yet. But she did walk in and say "wow" and left. It wasn't a great "wow", either LOL I'm a collector of the bizarre for aesthetics, and/or what sounds good to me at a reasonable price, not necessarily the pricy. We recently moved and I've been able to start a...
  16. Gadget Goober

HD600 Safety and Quality via iPhone

This makes logical sense!
  17. Gadget Goober

HD600 Safety and Quality via iPhone

What you said about balanced audio and cables is true for the most part, and I don't believe I mentioned anything about the sound quality in my post - because I share your point of view on that almost exactly - however - when you're dealing with a PORTABLE device like my Fiio M11 that has SE and...
Top Bottom