Search results

1. bothu

Magnetic oil in Tweeters is it still relevant ?

Many years back magnetic oil was often used in tweeters, did it make any improvement or was it "snake oil" ? Bo Thunér, Linköping, Sweden
  2. bothu

Can plants act as sound diffusers ?

Can plants in my living room act as diffusers ? Bo Thunér / Linköping / Sweden
  3. bothu

Dennis Foley ... "measure, measure, measure "... !

I discovered Dennis Foley yesterday for the first time. I just love his way to kill all BS on the internet about acoustic treatment. He has the ASR mindset. One of his many videos : / Bo Thunér
  4. bothu

Modern electronic design.

How is modern electronic design done ? As an hobbyist I am working with old tools. Drawing schematics on a paper, testing the components on a breadboard, adjusting values. make circuit wiring with a simple CAD program, etching cards, drilling holes, mounting components, testing again and...
  5. bothu

Expected performance from DAC in a modern TV ?

Does anyone know what kind of DAC there is in a modern TV ? And what performance I can expect from it. For the moment I am using the analog output from the TV to my analog stereo system. The TV is a SONY 65XH9505. ( 3 month old )
  6. bothu

Noise floor / Dist. harmonics, with REW and UMIC-1

I have bought a UMK-1 and installed REW and started to measure on my homemade speakers. My first question is about noise floor. The RTA plot is taken in our summer house far from big roads and other houses. There was no wind outside and no other noises. I switched off the incoming mains. I put...
  7. bothu

New member from Linkoping Sweden.

3 reasons made me join. 1. Amirs analytical approach to Audio products. 2. Amirs analytical thoughts of how our brain behave. 3. I need to go digital in listening to music and searching for streamers and ended up at ASR. My background in Audio is as an hobbyist since 1970. I have consumed...
Top Bottom