Search results

1. P

Hifiman Sundara Review (headphone)

No doubt the more affordable ones are great too! When I wrote my reply (9 months ago :) ) I hadn’t tried the HE400se yet. Full disclosure, I own both the Sundara and the HE400se now (besides the HD650). The Sundara costs more, but you aso pay for the design/finish, which are pretty cool imho...
  2. P

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

Truth be told, most users are very happy with their M2, so mine must have been a defective unit. More in general, if noise is your problem, always check mic and mic placement first. A “cleaner” interface won’t eliminate noise coming from another source. Have fun!
  3. P

Why no follow up studies to Dr. Toole’s and Dr. Olive’s work?

That’s a valid question. Unfortunately, it’s not just about the minds. Scientific research can only exist if there is funding. If no research agency, governmental or private, has a strategic interest in a field, they won’t just fund any research on it. This is why awareness about these issues is...
  4. P

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

Can you provide quantitative evidence for this claim? Also, what do you mean by serious? Are you implying a lot of people here are not serious?
  5. P

Topping D10 Balanced Review (USB DAC)

The wait is over! And thanks Amir for the great review!
  6. P

The decline and fall of Reflex.

The upcoming 100-400 S is definitely interesting. It might convince me to sell my beloved 70-200 FL in case I make the complete switch to Z.
  7. P

4.4mm to 1/4'' male adapter or get new cables?

I am splitting hairs here, but my general advice is “choose based on what you need now, rather than on what you may need in the future”. I wasted a lot of money buying stuff that “I may need someday”. Needless to say, my predictions were always wrong :D
  8. P

The decline and fall of Reflex.

That’s the biggest problem, customers don’t really know what to expect. Or better, when to expect that. Anyway, Nikon financial results are out. This means we might see some product announcements soon. Who knows, maybe there are some F-mount news coming.
  9. P

Sennheiser HD600 Review (Headphone)

You are being rational on the internet. Is it legal? ;)
  10. P

Congratulations ASR! (See that increase in March? That’s me joining the forum ;))
  11. P

Sennheiser HD600 Review (Headphone)

I’m being facetious, but I like thinking that the Sennheiser people changed the finish, added 50 to the name and have been enjoying the show since 2003 ;)
  12. P

Sennheiser HD660s - divisive headphones

I suspect that the biggest variations are in the expectations of the reviewers... Anyway, very interesting discussion so far!
  13. P

*NEW* AKG K702 has been measured by Oratory!

I never said one should be measuring many headphones. I just said averages are meaningless and a different approach is preferable. You keep misconstruing all I write and putting words in my mouth. I understand being defensive about your work but come on. Anyway, I am out of here, I won't bother...
  14. P

It was not my intention to preach. Plus, I am sure you have the whole headphone situation covered in your study. You certainly considered all the variables. My comment was on the statistical aspect and the statistical aspect alone. I have no interest in dissuading you from taking the average of...
  15. P

Ok, let me first say that I admire your commitment and your work on this, so please don't take my reply as "internet hate" :) I just want to warn you about the risks of taking the average of only two data sets. Averages have a statistical meaning only when you take them across a population of...
  16. P

Apple iOS 14.6 (beta) Hints at Dolby Audio, Dolby Atmos

Thanks for the link! Let’s hope they add some basic support for EQ in iOS too
  17. P

Best microphone preamp to USB converter under US$500

Just curious, what microphone are you going to use?
  18. P

A New Cable Company - First Run Copper

Nest step: signature models, broken in by famous YouTubers
  19. P

Understanding Audio Frequency Response & Psychoacoustics (Video)

@Robbo99999 I deleted my post, because maybe I had misunderstood the intentions of our friend.
Top Bottom