Search results

1. S

Electrostatic speakers?

The closer you sit, the narrower the sweet spot. Roger Sanders purposely designed his speakers to have a narrow pattern which mitigates room interactions. It’s possible to change the image perspective by moving just a couple of inches , mostly left or right, but depth equidistance matters too...
  2. S

Electrostatic speakers?

I’m another Sanders ESL owner. If you are willing to sit in the sweet spot, they are excellent. It’s not a head in a vice tiny sweet spot, but at 12 feet away, it’s only 2 people wide. I’ve owned Quad 989s which allowed a wider listening area. The segmented Sound Labs, just my opinion, are very...
  3. S

Schiit KARA Preamp and Headphone Amp Review

The preamp performance is quite good, but I want a balance control too.
  4. S

F/S: Morrison Audio Model 19.1 with Model 29 tweeters - includes DBX PA2 active crossover - $3500

Sorry, but I own more speakers than T-shirts. I need to thin the herd myself.
  5. S

F/S: Morrison Audio Model 19.1 with Model 29 tweeters - includes DBX PA2 active crossover - $3500

Just curious. What are the balls made of? I own Morrison preamps. He makes good stuff.
  6. S

magtech amps?

I also enjoy ESLs, and my Sanders 10C speakers are excellent. The only ESLs I’ve had panel failures with were Quad 989s. They used an assembly adhesive that failed. I hope their current offerings are better.
  7. S

Vacuum Record Cleaners

I remember that tonearm.
  8. S

Schiit Freya+ Pre-amp Review

I believe the Freya S is by far the superior unit. I’m not a tube guy at all anymore.
  9. S

The Truth Pre Amp Review

Why don’t you email Ed and ask him. Promise that you only want to play with the circuit type and are building only one line stage for personal use. The worst thing he can say is no. Yes this thread went pretty sideways. Ed, and a few members got a bit hostile, but he’s not a bad guy. You can...
  10. S

Schiit Freya+ Pre-amp Review

Schiit seems to be such an inconsistent company. Some of their stuff like Mani, and Freya S are good values. Others, not so much. I’m hoping someone sends Amir a Schiit Tyr power amp to review. In fact, I haven’t seen any of the subjective guys commen on one yet.
  11. S

Legacy Wavelet Attempted Review (Speaker Processor)

Thank you JD. Please keep us updated. Customer service is always an important part of our hobby.
  12. S

Rek O Kut Ultra Phono Preamplifier Review

Dear Topping, Please apply your engineering expertise to the development of an affordable and excellent phono preamplifier. Sincerely, Many audiophiles
  13. S

Belden ICONOCLAST XLR Cable Review

And here I thought XLR interconnects needed flexible, shielded wiring with durable jackets. Add in connectors that can take some abuse, and fit well into related equipment. I’ve been keeping my spares in an orange five gallon bucket. Perhaps I should scrap the WBC, and change out the bucket to...
  14. S

Legacy Wavelet Attempted Review (Speaker Processor)

This product is remarkably disappointing. My first impression was that the unit was broken. Guess not.
  15. S

Magnepan LRS Speaker Review

I’ve owned Maggies but never fell in love with the sound. ESLs do a better job of “floating the sound in space” for want of a better term. Beveredge speakers with that lens were remarkable. And yes some conventional speakers by guys like Linkwitz are excellent. I suspect the type of speaker is...
  16. S

Out for a few more days

I am so sorry about your flooding problem. I hope your wife is okay. All things material can be replaced; people not so much. Home repairs can be so frustrating. (My landscaper recently cut the electrical line to my pool filter. Not his fault. It wasn’t buried deep enough. Now I have a trench...
  17. S

Record clamp mod

Oracle Audio introduced an integral clamp on their Delphi line of turntables probably about forty years ago. It flattened out warped records and coupled the record to the mat and platter. Ive since seen a lot of clamps and weights that don’t seem to do anything to improve performance. There have...
  18. S

Decware Zen Triode Amplifier

In my old age, I’ll stick to solid state..
  19. S

Decware Zen Triode Amplifier

I owned a Decware SE84B purchased directly from Decware. A few things I found out rather quickly. I doubt it produced 2WPC At less than 1% THD. At the time 2 different output transformers were available. I opted for the 8 Ohm version. (Modern versions now have a high low selector.) It NEEDED to...
Top Bottom