Search results

1. WickedInsignia

The best headphone for EQ

Here at ASR we're pretty EQ-crazy. That's perfectly valid, since EQ is just another link on the chain to make music sound more natural and enjoyable. So what is the best "EQ-ready" headphone? If we consider some notes Oratory1990 has made on this topic (excerpt from this comment), we gain an...
  2. WickedInsignia

Shure SRH440A and SRH840A

Shure has released some updates to their classic studio staples, the SRH440 and SRH840. The new models have an "A" at the end. Looks like they have an entirely redesigned build and comfort, which is great news for those familiar with the old pairs (especially the 440). Also, no more coiled...
  3. WickedInsignia

The Scaling Myth

By far the most prevalent argument in headphones for spending money on "better" amps is the idea that gear will scale. For example: The HD600 is generally considered a headphone that scales....or at least according to many laymen in the hobby. However in my experience talking with others here...
  4. WickedInsignia

HD600 Safety and Quality via iPhone

Hey all! Apologies in advance if this comes off as a cringey/newbie post but I simply can’t find the info I need elsewhere online. I have a Sennheiser HD600 arriving soon and I intend to drive it through an iPhone 6. I understand 300 ohms is pushing the limits of the onboard amp, but I enjoyed...
Top Bottom