Search results

1. A

Integra DRX-8.4

That "ELITE" logo on the front of the Pioneer sure looks nice but it can't replace the extra XLR outputs on the Integra.
  2. A

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Wine country Margaret River. This is our back yard with vines behind the trees in the background. It's been a very dry year unfortunately.
  3. A

Integra DRX-8.4

Here's something of interest regarding Auro 3-D. I changed the speaker settings to front high and rear high rather than front top and rear top and Auro 3-D was suddenly available! I lost my Dirac loadings but after reloading Dirac slots from my earlier measurements all seems like it is working...
  4. A

Integra DRX-8.4

I'm glad I'm not alone. I've tried to find support contact details and can't for Australia. All I get is USA or Canada options which won't let me go any further. Hopefully a North American member with the same problem can contact support for a comment and fix.
  5. A

Integra DRX-8.4

Yes that's what I've done. Still no 3-D
  6. A

Integra DRX-8.4

Yes. I have a 5.2.4 setup. And DLBC multi sub.
  7. A

Integra DRX-8.4

I'm trying to select Auro-3D to play Netflix and Prime movies (both Atmos and 5.1) but all I can get is Auro Surround. Am I doing something wrong or is Auro-3D only available with Auro encoded sources?
  8. A

Chord DAVE Review (DAC & HP Amp)

I just checked to see how much these are here in OZ. I thought I was being extravagant buying a Matrix Audio Element X when I would have been happy with the Element I. This is crazy pricing.
  9. A

Audio-gd Master 7 Singularity Review (DAC)

I bought an Audio GD ref 5 a few years ago after reading a load of hype on our local audio forum. Now I know why it sounded so bad. I put up with it for about a week before moving it on. It looked nice inside though. I’m glad I’ve never risked Audio GD again.
  10. A

Imaging and soundstage. What are they and who hears them?

We're off for 8 days doing this. https://www.australiasgoldenoutback.com/page/outback-wildflower-trails I'll leave the March amp with my brother for the time we're away and see if it grows on him.
  11. A

Yes I think we need to do a blind test. It's difficult having to disconnect the speaker wires and change amplifier but I'm sure we can manage it.
  12. A

Yes the A-70 has negative feedback.
  13. A

Yep. I‘ve done all that almost exactly as you have described. The room is symmetrical 6m long and 4.5m wide. Maybe the side seating is not perfectly symmetrical but pretty close. It’s a dual purpose room as you can see.
  14. A

The Accuphase A-70 has very low distortion. Sure, the March should measure a bit better but not much. Amir’s measurement of the bottom of the range E-270 still put it at the top end of the green”very good” section. The A-70 measures better. I’m convinced that it is more than a distortion...
  15. A

Yes did that. Everything is correct.
  16. A

Thanks Keith. I understand you are a reseller for March Audio so you no doubt know more about the amplifier than I do. The output of the Accuphase doubles as impedance halves but the March, being Purifi based does not. The Magicos definitely do drop to 2ohms at some frequencies but I don't...
  17. A

This is the reason I asked if there is any obvious scientific reason that different people hear the same thing differently
  18. A

Yes. I've listened for another couple of hours this afternoon and still love it.
  19. A

As background, for the last few years my system has consisted of mainly Accuphase gear which I bought as a bonus to myself after retiring. I bought this gear before becoming a reader of ASR. I have been into HiFi since the 70s so have had a lot of different gear over the years My system consists...
  20. A

Review and Measurements of Matrix Audio Element X DAC/Streamer/Amp

Can anyone tell me if my Element X is using the MQA filters when playing FLAC stream or files? There have been several posts on various forums saying this is the case with any DAC that incorporates MQA.
Top Bottom