Search results

1. wseroyer

When 12 Gauge Wire is Not 12 Gauge

Really good stuff car audio guys swear by them, and push huge amounts of power through their wire.
  2. wseroyer

Marantz AV10 AV Processor Review

Really makes me want to see the measurements on the Denon A1H now!
  3. wseroyer

When 12 Gauge Wire is Not 12 Gauge

This is what I use, it's very high quality wire, I don't know about measurements, but if it is actually OFC wire then it will probably measure well. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0758CVS43/ref=dp_iou_view_item?ie=UTF8&th=1
  4. wseroyer

New Sony ES 8K AV Receiver Line STR-AZ7000ES STR-AZ5000ES STR-AZ3000ES STR-AZ1000ES

Nice, I have the Denon x6700h its very similar to the SR 7015. interested in seeing how you like the Sony's 3D room mapping, it's suppose to be really good.
  5. wseroyer

Denon AVR-X4800H released for Sale

Now that the x3800h has Auro 3D, I really don't see the point of the x4800h. It's got one more HDMI port (7 instead of 6), 2 more 12v triggers, component and composite video 20w more of power, 2 line display, and a better looking front for $800 more. better to spend that $800 on a external amp...
  6. wseroyer

McIntosh MHT300 AV Receiver

The 7900 is has bugs, imagine my shock, this is why Nvidia is free to charge whatever they want for their cards now days. AMD always has crap like this happen, they just hand victories to Nvidia on a silver platter over the dumbest stuff.
  7. wseroyer

New Sony ES 8K AV Receiver Line STR-AZ7000ES STR-AZ5000ES STR-AZ3000ES STR-AZ1000ES

The Sony will have bass correction just like Audyssey does, but their three-dimensional speaker correction is something totally different that no other receiver has except for Trinnov.
  8. wseroyer

Very true high end TV's can do regular HDR just as well if not better than Dolby Vision, Dolby Vision allows lower end TV's to look as good as high end ones without needing the processing power.
  9. wseroyer

I'm sure it does, when I use Audyssey I always have to mess with the bass settings, it always sets it super low, I hope Sony's is better than that.
  10. wseroyer

The AZ7000ES uses Sony's own digital cinema calibration IX and 360 spatial sound mapping, you input the measurements of your room, the distance your sitting from the screen, and height from the floor to your ears in your seated position then it takes three-dimensional measurements of your room...
  11. wseroyer

TV manufacturers need to start putting DisplayPorts on their TV's before AVR maker's will even begin to think about it. The problem with DisplayPort on a AVR besides the 80 Gbit per second requirement for DisplayPort 2.0 is it's not a requirement per the DisplayPort standard to carry audio...
  12. wseroyer

McIntosh is probably not targeting gamers, but lots of gamers like myself who buy HiFi products, want to use their home theater for everything. Part of it is a generational problem a lot the people who run these Hi-Fi companies are of a older generational and don't take video games seriously...
  13. wseroyer

With a Denon AVR-X6700H with Audyssey is REW with a mic still applicable for room tuning?

Yes, because Audyssey sucks, and always sets the sub channel super low, I use Rew to get my channels actually to 75db (Audyssey sets them at 73db for reasons I don't understand) and I use the multi EQ app along with Ratbudyssesey to set a curve for my subs, I run them 10db hot from 20 - 60hz...
  14. wseroyer

What to choose between Denon X6700H and X4800H?

X6700H all day long, I have a x4700h wish I had gotten the X6700H because it has 11amps and processes 13 channels. Unless you really need 4 sub outs and HDMI 2.1 on all ports and don't need 11 amps and 13 channels then I'd get the X3800H, to me the X4800H is a pointless product it's got 20 more...
  15. wseroyer

Matt doesn't have a Audio Precision they cost $40,000 plus Gene has a lot more experience measuring amplifiers than Matt does. Matt used to do all the sub and speaker measurements when he lived next to James Larson. Now it's just James doing that stuff for Audioholics, Matt is like a more high...
  16. wseroyer

Ya that's Sony for you, they don't put a lot of frillrs into their products, opposite of D&M.
  17. wseroyer

The VSX-LX505 or TX-RZ50

What is a "Klipsch Optimized mode" does it turn the treble way down to keep it from killing you?
  18. wseroyer

I think I was confused by the 18Gbps of bandwidth, those are the numbers I look for since HDMI 2.1 means nothing now days apparently. The Dirac upgrade is $300 for the A1H, I don't think that's going to be much a deal killer for somebody looking at $6,500 - $8000 AVR's. Also people will laugh at...
  19. wseroyer

the A1H isn't for gamers, its just what the current spec is.
  20. wseroyer

It's Sony's own room correction system and its brand new to these receivers its based on there correction system for the HT-A9 4.0 wireless home theater system that got rave reviews, my guess is it will be good and super easy to use. Also I think these receivers are a great price for what they...
Top Bottom