Search results

1. red_kk

Put Together a $5k to $7k System?

Updated the post above to reflect the music coming from iPhone
  2. red_kk

I play Apple music on my phone and Airplay it to the Apple TV at Lossless CD quality. so it's just used as Airplay Receiver
  3. red_kk

This is how I achieve Music and Movies using my 3.0 setup: music path: iPhone Apple Music (Airplay) -> Apple TV Gen2 (optical cable) -> Denon AVR (Pure Direct mode) -> SMSL DAC -> Parasound A31 -> R11 video streaming: Apple TV 4k (HDMI Cable) -> Denon AVR (Dolby processing) -> Parasound A31...
  4. red_kk

I have two Apple TV's the new 4k one is for Video and the old 1080p Apple TV i dedicated for streaming music.
  5. red_kk

Also i'm not sure if its even needed hence asked @MaxBuck if he can switch out Bluesound with Apple TV and see if there is any improvement
  6. red_kk

i agree. do you have any recommendation on a good streamer which supports Airplay CD quality Audio? I don't need hi-res audio
  7. red_kk

SINAD for the Bluesound is bad coz Amir is measuring the DAC function. Since I have external SMSL DAC i'll be bypassing the DAC of bluesound and just want to use it as a streamer. So mainly i'm interested in lower jitter clean digital output from the streamer so the SMSL DAC can do its thing.
  8. red_kk

I have R11, SMSL SU9n DAC, Parasound A31 but my streamer is a very old Apple TV connected via optical cable to my receiver in bypass mode to my DAC. I just stream apple music via this setup. Do you think upgrading to Bluesound in my system will make significant difference in sound quality...
  9. red_kk

SMSL SU-9n

i ordered from https://shenzhenaudio.com/ not alibaba
  10. red_kk

SMSL SU-9n

SHENZHENAUDIO.com shipped to San Jose for $339. shipping free and no taxes
  11. red_kk

SMSL SU-9n

I got it for $339 shipped directly from China and best of all no taxes :)
  12. red_kk

SMSL SU-9n Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

I got the SMSL SU-9n DAC and set it up today. Compared to Denon AVR X4700H it is a clear improvement in sound. My wife also felt the same way. We both tested many bits from tracks both of us are very familiar with. My Kef R11s are finally getting good input they deserve and are really opening...
  13. red_kk

@Westsounds That's great to hear. smartphone (iPhone) is infact my preferred way to control music. All my old ripped music is in 128kbps MP3 format so I don't really play from hard drive any more.
  14. red_kk

I purchased this DAC today for $339 as the black friday deals have started. What is the most inexpensive but good quality streamer that is recommended to pair this with? I only use Spotify and like to control music from my iPhone. I don't use Roon. Some options im looking at are Bluesound Node...
  15. red_kk

Tinnitus

Thanks all for so many useful suggestions. I went to the ENT and got hearing test and found out I have hearing loss in the freq of 6Khz and slightly lower loss at 8Khz. I played 6Khz test tones and see that it is the frequency matching my tinnitus. The ENT wasn't much helpful and said there is...
  16. red_kk

Tinnitus

We have a hood over our island stove and I always hated how noisy it was. Now it is my best friend. Sometimes I just turn it on and lean over the stove it's such a relief and comfort.
  17. red_kk

Tinnitus

Thanks for the encouraging words. This was one of my worries if i'll ever be able to enjoy music in future. in my case i can't really trace back to any event in life where I had any temporary Tinnitus from loud music.
  18. red_kk

Tinnitus

I have an appointment with Audiologist followed by an ENT this Friday. I'll post the findings here.
  19. red_kk

Tinnitus

One of the things i'm wondering if did I it for myself. I was really looking for a hum in my speakers from listening position caused by a ground loop issue then I started hearing this high frequency tone. For a few days I went crazy and thought something electrical was wrong in the house. May...
  20. red_kk

Tinnitus

Pretty positive i've never heard to music that loud not in last 10yrs, every day i listen to new speakers it is between 65 to 70dB. I'll get on top of this issue, there has to be a reason, one thing I won't do is accept it the way it is and habituate. There has to be some kind of cure based on...
Top Bottom