Search results

1. aslan7

NCx500 Amplifier in Stereo or Double Mono?

I’m looking at a two channel new Hypex NCx500 amplifier that is available in either a stereo or double mono configuration. Is there any listenable benefit to the latter? The latter comes with Rev D buffers, Sonic Imagery, Sparkos, etc. I gather from reading the information in discussions on this...
  2. aslan7

Which is Better for Bedroom/Office Audio System?

I have a Topping DX 7 Pro hooked up to my iMac that holds all my music files. I want to add speakers and am considering the Genelec 8030C (that can be hooked up directly to the Topping) though I have zero experience with active speakers. My other option is to get a Buckeye or Nord Hypex Ncore...
  3. aslan7

Computer Audio System: What amplifier?

I have recently downsized and sold off my second system. I want to play music in my study/office playing off my iMac. I have a nice set of bookshelf speakers and a Topping DX 7 Pro DAC/headphone amplifier. So presumably I could use an amplifier to hook up via the DAC and run the speakers through...
  4. aslan7

Audiogon thread critical of ASR

Probably someone drew attention to it already but there is a recent long thread on Audiogon that is highly critical of ASR. It was included in their last weekly summary of popular posts. I was extremely surprised and dismayed that some of the contributors bashed Amir, ASR, and ASR pundits. It is...
  5. aslan7

Free Leica Brochures

Greetings all. I have two color brochures for the Leica M6 and three original old Visoflex brochures, "The Range of Visoflex II Photography," "Visoflex III," and "Focusing Bellows II." They are all in excellent condition. Free to the fist person who evinces interest (and doesn't make fun of me...
  6. aslan7

DCM Time Window

Does anyone here have any opinion on the DCM Time Window vintage speakers? I was in a hi-fi store and heard them playing quite by accident and was amazed at the sound. I had gone to hear some restored Ohms and the DCMs killed them, especially for orchestral music. These were just the original 1...
  7. aslan7

Anybody notice Exogal is finished?

The Exogal company has published its own obituary. As with many flawed businesses they blame it on the pandemic. Interesting story.
  8. aslan7

Eastern Electric Minimax Tube DAC Supreme

Did anyone ever hear of an Eastern Electric Minimax Tube DAC Supreme? There is a review in Dagogo. The tube part makes me suspicious but it sounds interesting.
  9. aslan7

DAC for second system recommendations

A while back I bought an RME DAC that many here recommended and it is fantastic with the VTV Purifi amp. I just converted my basement into a soundproofed listening space and instead of selling a Wyred 4 Sound integrated use it down there with a CD player. Now I miss not having a DAC in this...
  10. aslan7

Amplifier choice for Creek 4330 Mark 2 Integrated

Greetings--quick question: I have an old Creek 4330 that I use for my turntable and CDs (my main system is all digital) and am very fond of it. I have been using it a lot lately in a larger room after adding the optional phono card and would like some extra power (the unit is rated 40 watts into...
  11. aslan7

Speaker dilemma with 40 Watt Amp

I have a really nice 40 watt Creek integrated 4330 Mark 2 and am in need of speakers. At first I was considering getting British speakers from the same era just to do the historical thing. After asking around people recommended Spendor, Wharfedale, Rogers, the BBC monitor family. Epos was said...
  12. aslan7

Giving manufactures the benefit of the doubt

I just concluded a big public fracas on Audiogon concerning Exogal's no longer supplying the device applications for which the Comet/Ion combo was designed. The CEO refused to answer me satisfactorily so I took it public. Even though I successfully refuted his many misrepresentations with...
  13. aslan7

Any point to upgrade DAC power supply?

Specifically thinking about a Teddy Pardo power supply for an RME ADI-2. Is this just hype or something that will make an audible improvement? Thanks.
  14. aslan7

Advice on getting a new DAC

Greetings. I have read some of the reviews here and am very impressed with all the technical knowledge. I had an Exogal Comet DAC that I really liked but the applications to run it are no longer available and I detest the remote coupled with a window I can't read because it isn't illuminated and...
Top Bottom