Search results

1. aslan7

NAD C 298 Power Amplifier With Purifi Eigentakt Amplification

I love my Nord! Zero problems, great performance, great design. NAD fumbled here.
  2. aslan7

Puritan Audio PSM156 Review (AC Filter)

Just sell it and stop thinking about the purchase because this sort of misfortune happens to all of us. With all those five-star reviews it should be easy to unload. At least you will get some money back and learn a valuable lesson in the process.
  3. aslan7

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

I have a pair of the 6.2s in cherry and love them. Unfortunately the wife, who is Swedish, calls them "little waste paper baskets.
  4. aslan7

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

The 7040A is very fine. I find the Genelec subs easy to set up even though I’m generally inept at such things.
  5. aslan7

Get the 7050C sub and you will be totally delighted.
  6. aslan7

Nordost Blue Heaven AC Cord Review

I also sold my overpriced, overhyped speaker cables, the ones with the arrows to let you know which direction they should supposedly face. The bananas were far too tight and a real nuisance. Now I have the normal Belden cables at one quarter the price with adjustable bananas and there is zero...
  7. aslan7

Before I discovered ASR and saw (heard) the great light I bought some fancy red copper power cords from a maker in California. To make matters worse, my wife ridiculed them mercilessly, calling them “big eels.” They were huge in diameter, not very flexible, and not easy to use. But I had read...
  8. aslan7

Nord's new Value-Line Hypex NCore MP series

I bought the Nord 252MP in the standard black case and love it. The case is very solid and attractive, so I believe it to be well worth the extra cost.
  9. aslan7

PS Audio PowerPlant 12 Review (AC Regenerator)

Thanks so much for this excellent and thorough review. I always wondered about these devices. ASR strikes again against all these hyped components by demystifying them.
  10. aslan7

Is it possible to have a subwoofer in an apartment without disturbing others?

Just answering for myself, at the very loudest I play at a volume close to a what a non-electric instrument would sound like in a concert hall.
  11. aslan7

I like the sound of the Genelec system of the 8030s plus the 7050 so much that I’m considering making it my main system in the living room. The main system uses Larsen 6.2s, a Swedish speaker designed to sit flat against the wall, driven by a Nord Hypex amplifier. They just don’t sound as good...
  12. aslan7

You fellows must really pump up the bass or be into home theater. Now that everything has settled down with the neighbors I barely notice the sub. The system has a fuller, richer sound and the main speakers don’t sound taxed. But I am classical and jazz enthusiast—a young friend is into hip-hop...
  13. aslan7

After the hype of Chinese HiFi brands, what is the jury?

I have a Topping DX 7 Pro for a couple of years and love it. It is well built, sounds great, and is totally reliable. I’d like the newer + version but probably wouldn’t hear any difference. Chinese manufacturing is no different than any other country and they make some wonderful things with...
  14. aslan7

I have the opposite problem—I bought a sub to make noise. I sold my house and bought a co-op. My neighbors were extremely noisy and annoying, and completely uncooperative. Then a single parent moved above me with a screaming infant and generally ignored it. So, I bought a pair of 8930Cs and a...
  15. aslan7

Neutrik NA2F-D0B-TX XLR to RCA Adapter Review

This is a little surprising as Neutrik enjoys a good reputation, at least their XLR connectors. But science doesn’t lie. Thanks for a brief but informative review.
  16. aslan7

Excuse the blurry photo but I'll take this style any day.
  17. aslan7

Years ago I went to Kiehl’s in Philadelphia. The sales lady looked at me very disapprovingly and said I needed their shampoo to take the yellow tinge out of my gray hair. So, being a sucker, I bought the shampoo and used it for six months. When I returned to the store another sales lady accosted...
  18. aslan7

I have to comment that not so long ago Swiss watches were the height of quality and elegance, devoid of any bling. Some Patek Philippe owners enjoyed the fact that their watches were indistinguishable from a Timex viewed from a distance. The Calatrava style exemplified this. Now however, people...
  19. aslan7

I'm sure you are going to be extremely pleased with your new Genelec system. I found the Focals to be exhausting, really fatiguing, but the bottom end was fine. For the money the Evos are a great deal. They are also huge, too much so for me. I forgot to mention that there is absolutely zero hiss...
Top Bottom